Mississauga Square One Expansions and Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

Holts will be located where old navy is currently located, with some changes to somehow add square footage.

Does anyone know what's happening to the kioks? There's been talk that the plan was to make do without them but they seem to shut down only to reopen elsewhere in the mall

The Kioks will not be a lost since they come and go all the time.

Either Holts take over Home Outfiter area below Old Navy for more space or an expansion over the existing parking lot will take place to the west. This will remove those stores since they are in a dead zone now.

Is it possible they may close the hallway between Moxies and Old Navy and fill that new space with Holt Renfrew?

HoltRenfrewSquareOneFinal.jpg

Is it possible they may close the hallway between Moxies and Old Navy and fill that new space with Holt Renfrew?

HoltRenfrewSquareOneFinal.jpg

That could also happen since they are moving Moxie to the new area.

Long walk to get to the entrance if this entrance is close off other than having everyone walking through Holt store.

I really hope they don't waste this opportunity and actually do something creative and smart with the space. Whether that's a new retailer or redesigning the space.

I'm sure Oxford knew about for some time but couldn't announce. Perhaps the new entrance will be completed to extend over to the Sears (soon to be Holt's??).

I only caught the end portion of it, but BNN just said that Oxford has said that the vacated Sears stores at Yorkdale and Square One won't be used for either Holts or Nordstroms?

Nordstroms already has space they are going to put together at Yorkdale, and I don't see them putting in a Target at the Sears site. One juicy idea is Harvey Nichols. At one time they were trying to put them into the retail at the Hudson Yards (I don't know if it is a done deal or not) but that would fit Yorkdale to a tee.

I suppose they could do a Barneys or Bloomingdales at both sites as well.

I would not be surprised to see Macy's make a foothold in Canada soon with locations like these stores and if the picking was ripe, grab the Eaton Centre store too.

I only caught the end portion of it, but BNN just said that Oxford has said that the vacated Sears stores at Yorkdale and Square One won't be used for either Holts or Nordstroms?

Nordstroms already has space they are going to put together at Yorkdale, and I don't see them putting in a Target at the Sears site. One juicy idea is Harvey Nichols. At one time they were trying to put them into the retail at the Hudson Yards (I don't know if it is a done deal or not) but that would fit Yorkdale to a tee.

I suppose they could do a Barneys or Bloomingdales at both sites as well.

BNN storey.

I'm pretty sure Oxford has plans for this space - otherwise they would not have bought back the leases.

Last edited:
I belive they are closing in the Open Kitchens corridor, they've installed beams underneath the skylight.

See my posting on the retail as it looks like June 30 is the last day for most or all remaining store still open.

The Skylight are should work should be completed by next week. The rest will be late July or Aug.

The Skylight over the Open Kitchens court area is being removed with a steel flat roof over it.

Construction has started on the existing parking lot with the removal of all concrete with asphalt being next and the removal of the other items.

From the rendering posted, the driveway by Sears is remaining with some parking on it, I guess they are going to built a new lager loading dock area after all there.
9112914880_e4f3002bbb_b.jpg

9110683969_0338ed1f87_b.jpg

9112923288_65e384e1ed_b.jpg

9112930122_651f0e94f7_b.jpg

9112936904_a3c70d9315_b.jpg

9110719895_b962038bb4_b.jpg

July 06

Its a very expensive Oppss!!, or a very costly change order.

The columns that had wood trim are being converted to tile for one side of the corridor.

Either Oxford or the architect weren't happy with the look of the wood column trim that they made this change or PCL sub trade place them in the wrong location. It changes from side to side at various location.

Not sure if this is an improvement or down grade until I see more of it completed.

The ramp area in the centre court are being made smaller as well shift to the side where the planters used to be. More stairs being added to the ramp area.

More floor tile in place in the existing food court up to the food outlet counters.

Here are some shots where the Plan Location of Holt Renfrew New Store
9235020420_ac2bae4719_b.jpg

9234986578_fac4ae33a7_b.jpg

9235003270_74146bed7a_b.jpg

9235053286_1bfa9a9284_b.jpg

9232241611_d907bb91b3_b.jpg

9235025354_e86b28a8e0_b.jpg

9235030580_294aa5082f_b.jpg

I'm positive that was the intention for the columns. If you look at the render video, all the columns are wood on one side and tile on the other.

Maybe it's meant to be "artistic"? I really don't know but we'll just have to see.

Back