Mississauga Square One Expansions and Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Oxford Properties | MMC Architecture

They wouldn't lose control, they are 50%-50% with AIMco now, they don't control the relationship. They would potentially sell down to 25% if they were guaranteed ongoing management rights and the fees that go along with it. It would also allow them to lever the property which is currently very under leveraged (and due to pension tax laws they can't up the leverage in place). Oxford is trying to grow its AUM and repatriating some cash while keeping it under management is in-line with their strategy and something they would look at doing.

Oxford will always sell in and out of positions, but the big three malls in the GTA are their cash cow crown jewels. You have no idea how much they make for them.

City of Miss also has strangle hold on what will be allowed to be built on oxford owned lands..this could be a detriment to what Oxford thinks should be there vs city.

Starting next week, expect to see a lot of hording going up both outside as well inside.

All the stores east of Scotia Bank are close except for S&H who will be relocating shortly. Those store will be horded up to allow demo work up to the escalator.

The sidewalk beside Target is marked where the hording is to go.

Now the eye place is close next to Target and is relocating to where the Wrap store is, the whole area can now be hoard off with the lost of the elevator. Will have to use Sear or Target elevators.

2 of the columns have been completed and real nice looking.

The new seating area in the new food court is open and you can see where the new food place will be. A major improvement on any make over to date.

Floor tiles are being install for the existing east section and should be ready foe use in the next 2 weeks.

There is a new washroom off the new food court area and is open.

What the City wants on Oxford land is in the right direction, but needs more work. Oxford has to reinvent the Mall in to a compact place as well being larger. By doing so, they will get a higher return on their investment in the long run.

No idea what is going to happen with the parking lot at this time and it maybe close off come Monday along with the escalators.

Looks like Ellis Don is doing the work.

Last edited:
According to plans going to planning and development committee on June 10 release last night, Old Navy is moving to the new area next to Sears with Moxie's to the west of them. It is now conforms the rumors as to where Holt Refrew will be located.

The surface area of the expansion is haft of what was first proposed earlier this year.

You will have to do some scrolling to see the report and plan here http://www7.mississauga.ca/documents/agendas/committees/pdc/06_10_13_PDC_Agenda.pdf

I guess Forever 21 is confirmed:

squareoneexp1.jpg
squareoneexp2.jpg

Attachments

• squareoneexp1.jpg
    squareoneexp1.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 882
  • squareoneexp2.jpg
    squareoneexp2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 848
Pretty boring little "expansion". In fact it's really just a renovation. The are minor corner plazas bigger than this "expansion"

Pretty boring little "expansion". In fact it's really just a renovation. The are minor corner plazas bigger than this "expansion"
The expansion portion hasn't really begun yet, so it's no surprise the reno portion of the project is what we're seeing pictures of.

Last edited:
There's a video of the northwest expansion

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hv07zNbQWW0[/video]

[video=youtube;Hv07zNbQWW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Hv07zNbQWW0[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Really impressed with that video. Really liking the way it is merged with the mall where The Source used to be. I find from the outside that Sears is quite the eyesore.

I noticed the Open Kitchens is now downstairs by Tim Hortons. Excited for that to open up.

Was there any press release released along with the video?

I believe Tim hortons is being relocated next to Walmart on the lower level. IMO that location suits Tim's and what the mall is trying to achieve. Wonder what's gonna replace open kitchens current location. I also like the concept on the video, though wished there would be more exciting new retailers, especially more mid & high end retailers.

OK, now I get it - It's not so much an expansion as a "realignment" of the mall cooridors and a new mall entrance. It will definetly open up that end of the mall and make a much nicer shopping experience.

Anyone know where Holt Renfrew is going?

This is the only place it seems to fit??

null-4.jpg

Last edited:
I believe Tim hortons is being relocated next to Walmart on the lower level. IMO that location suits Tim's and what the mall is trying to achieve. Wonder what's gonna replace open kitchens current location. I also like the concept on the video, though wished there would be more exciting new retailers, especially more mid & high end retailers.

Ann Taylor, Loft, White House, Black Market and Top Shop are all coming soon.

Watching that video - it seems to me that the lower level behind the escalators *could* extend underground towards the transit station, which itself could be expanded eastward to align with this corridor, since it's so incredibly undersized as is.

As for a possible Holt Renfrew location, I have to wonder whether Empire Theatres could be a target. I can't imaging that their traffic is generating enough revenue to make it worthwhile. Putting Holt creates more of an anchor at that end and that entire hallway could have stores added (opposite Johnny Rockets) if the space behind is no longer theaters. They could even do valet parking and dedicated elevators from that upper level of U/G.

Last edited:
Holts will be located where old navy is currently located, with some changes to somehow add square footage.

Does anyone know what's happening to the kioks? There's been talk that the plan was to make do without them but they seem to shut down only to reopen elsewhere in the mall

I very rarely go to Square One, but I was quite surprised the last time I visited in terms of how it looked. I always knew it was one of Greater Toronto's most important malls. The selection of stores is quite impressive and the best in the region. But a lot of the actual mall looks cheap--like a second-rate town centre with quite dull architecture and interior design. Sherway Gardens, Yorkdale and the Eaton Centre blow it out of the water in this regard.

Back