Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

When I meet with the Ministry of MTO in 2008, we talked about the extension and why Vaughan was chosen. MTO saw it as a parking lot to take cars off the road and not driving into Toronto.

I reply it miss the boat by miles and best to built it to Teston Rd next to the 400 and having a parking structure there to house 10-20,000 cars along with ramps to/from it connecting directly with the 400. Would service Wonderland and Vaughan Mills as well.

You need to go further north now to get land to do it, as well building it over the 400 for more than 20,000 spots.

If the City doesn't agree to the upload, then I suppose Ford could say that if the City votes to retain the subway network, then they should pay for it's maintenance and expansion.

Would he attempt the same stunt in hamilton, waterloo, mississauga, or london? All municipalities where the province is pitching in substantial funds for construction of higher order transit.

Even Apple Maps gets this right lol

This is why I always use multiple mapping services when planning an unfamiliar trip. I've been bit in the ass too many times by incorrect directions.

I find that you just have to actually analyse the directions a bit and not take them at face value. For example, I would immediately notice that the walk specified above was ridiculous and figure out that it was actually a much shorter walk.

Dont worry, knowing the way our politicians operate, i'm sure there will be a subway extension to Vaughan Mills way before the DRL or Scarborough subway extension begin construction.

Well to be fair, its infinitesimally easier to build a subway extension to an existing line in the suburbs than a brand new line that goes underneath one of the densest high rise development areas in North America.

In June I figured getting to Wonderland by transit now would be easy. Went to VMC station. Had to cross the road(?) just to get to the Jane bus. The bus didn't even go to the main gate of Wonderland, which forced a ten minute walk across the asphalt desert in the blazing heat, which was rather unpleasant for my eight year old son and myself. Had to repeat that walk later upon leaving, then had to wait more than half an hour on Jane for the bus to show up.

For such a major trip generator, this level of transit service is a joke. If IKEA can maintain its own free shuttle to and from Kipling station every half hour, I don't see why Wonderland can't. At the very least, YRT should have an express shuttle that goes right to the entrance.

In June I figured getting to Wonderland by transit now would be easy. Went to VMC station. Had to cross the road(?) just to get to the Jane bus. The bus didn't even go to the main gate of Wonderland, which forced a ten minute walk across the asphalt desert in the blazing heat, which was rather unpleasant for my eight year old son and myself. Had to repeat that walk later upon leaving, then had to wait more than half an hour on Jane for the bus to show up.

For such a major trip generator, this level of transit service is a joke. If IKEA can maintain its own free shuttle to and from Kipling station every half hour, I don't see why Wonderland can't. At the very least, YRT should have an express shuttle that goes right to the entrance.
Maybe it is not the trip generator that we think?

Perhaps it is viewed as a drive to destination and not a transit to destination.

Perhaps it is viewed as a drive to destination and not a transit to destination.

I've proposed this before on this forum and also as a suggestion to YRT, that the YRT Route 4 bus should be extended to VMC from it's current terminus of Vaughan Mills. Since they've delayed Viva Silver by 5 years, it makes sense to have a regular YRT route to serve the subway, mall, amusement part, and hospital, in addition to the destinations along Major Mackenzie. I'd suggest sending feedback to YRT to introduce this route extension.

One only has to look at Mississauga who ran service to the park from Sq One and has stop it due to cost.

YRT could provide season service for the summer.

Yes its a drive destination since its fast to drive to it than take transit. A lot of out of towner's do a day drive and home to the park.

One only has to look at Mississauga who ran service to the park from Sq One and has stop it due to cost.

YRT could provide season service for the summer.

Yes its a drive destination since its fast to drive to it than take transit. A lot of out of towner's do a day drive and home to the park.

A shuttle from the GO terminal at Highway 407 Station to Wonderland would make a lot of sense, providing a link to Square One as well as the subway.

Brampton had a seasonal express bus to Wonderland for a few years -- Route 66 (as in "get your kicks on Route 66") -- but was cancelled when the 501 Queen service was introduced.

A shuttle from the GO terminal at Highway 407 Station to Wonderland would make a lot of sense, providing a link to Square One as well as the subway.

Brampton had a seasonal express bus to Wonderland for a few years -- Route 66 (as in "get your kicks on Route 66") -- but was cancelled when the 501 Queen service was introduced.
There’s a problem that there’s no direct connection for 400-407-Jane, do buses would have to get off at Steeles or Hwy 7 to get to Hwy 407 Station. They could add a BUS ONLY ramp connecting the 407-Jane ramps, but that doesn’t seem likely.

Wonderland charges for parking, so if business isn't hurting they would rather have the park filled with car drivers than transit riders. More $$.

They could of course just charge more for entrance but if they are not hurting for attendance don't fix what ain't broke.

The parking separate from entry fee is a great way to keep the ticket prices attractive while charging more. Like concert ticket fees.

If YRT took that route off the 407 and put it on Highway 7 that would solve the problem. But of course we're talking about YRT, probably the worst transit operator in the GTAH (it's a close tie between them and the HSR).

I saw a 760 bus on Highway 7 a few weeks ago.

Back