Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

Not until they're modified to be AODA compliant.

How are these signs deemed not compliant, but the announcement systems on the busses, that often don't work are fine, with announcements for some stops years out of date after being moved or renamed? And the destination signs on busses that drivers forget to change at the end of the route, or also sometimes don't work, like half of it being blank or dim?

How are these signs deemed not compliant, but the announcement systems on the busses, that often don't work are fine, with announcements for some stops years out of date after being moved or renamed? And the destination signs on busses that drivers forget to change at the end of the route, or also sometimes don't work, like half of it being blank or dim?

Who knows. AODA is a black box of mystery, confusion and surprise!

Does anyone know how tokens/passes are being accepted at TYSSE stations?

I actually used Downsview Park today but forgot to check. I noticed two staff standing by a Presto reload machine and thought they were trying to sell cards, but I realize they are the new non-booth customer service staff.

Does anyone know how tokens/passes are being accepted at TYSSE stations?

I actually used Downsview Park today but forgot to check. I noticed two staff standing by a Presto reload machine and thought they were trying to sell cards, but I realize they are the new non-booth customer service staff.

One of the faregates is set to stuck open. Someone stands in front of it checking passes, and I assume they have a farebox for tickets/tokens.

Outside VMC on Friday during PM rush hour. Lots of cars waiting to pick up passengers:
VMC.jpg

And pretty crowded inside the entrance building:
Untitleda.jpg

Attachments

• VMC.jpg
    VMC.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 402
  • Untitleda.jpg
    Untitleda.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 447
Spending billions on transit to have people picked up by car is just sad.

I disagree. I think it's great that those people are taking the subway rather than driving all the way downtown. It would be nice if they were on buses for the first/last mile but by no stretch is passenger pickup and dropoff "sad" compared to auto-only commuting.

I disagree. I think it's great that those people are taking the subway rather than driving all the way downtown. It would be nice if they were on buses for the first/last mile but by no stretch is passenger pickup and dropoff "sad" compared to auto-only commuting.

It's less bad than auto-only commuting. But we should absolutely be aiming to do better than this. Nobody should be satisfied with this situation, especially when our government is doing very little to fix the last-mile problem in the 905. This government loves pushing multi-billion dollar, vote-winning investments, yet completely absent are the relatively cheap and quick to implement policies, to enable these investments to be a success.

And yes, it is indeed sad that despite tens of billions of dollars in 905 transit investments, transit modal share is anticipated to decrease in the coming decades. If we want out region to be better in the future than it is today, we must not be satisfied with mediocrity.

Last edited:

Back