Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

If you want to see a movie and you're using the subway you'd likely go to Yorkdale. For people in York Region, the VIVA access to silver City Richmond Hill and Colossus is good.

It's 750 M from Millway and Highway 7 to the entrance of the old AMC theatre. I can probably find numerous places in Toronto where people walk nearly as long for an attraction, the walk from union to the Rogers centre for one.

A little bit of walking is fine.

Are we STILL talking about washrooms????

Cause there's nothing else to talk about. The extension is now open, the next round of TYSSE-related service changes don't take effect till the 30th, and it's another couple of months (at least) before we'll know how much of a boost the TYSSE will give to YRT and GO Highway 407 bus ridership.

Cause there's nothing else to talk about. The extension is now open, the next round of TYSSE-related service changes don't take effect till the 30th, and it's another couple of months (at least) before we'll know how much of a boost the TYSSE will give to YRT and GO Highway 407 bus ridership.
Then let’s talk about TTC bus ridership. Other than the 196 having 0 ridership, what other routes will increase or decrease in riders due to the extension? There’s also the removal of YRT contracted TTC routes in Vaughan.

Then let’s talk about TTC bus ridership. Other than the 196 having 0 ridership, what other routes will increase or decrease in riders due to the extension? There’s also the removal of YRT contracted TTC routes in Vaughan.

Lol that's what I meant by "it's a couple of months till we'll know". People need time to get back from the holidays and to discover new travel options. What we DO know, however, is that it some cases it actually costs more for YRT to operate a route itself than to contract it to the TTC. This suggests that the plan is to eventually take over ALL contracted TTC routes in York Region. Which means that many riders in Markham would lose their direct connection to the subway and would need to transfer for travel south of Steeles.

Lol that's what I meant by "it's a couple of months till we'll know". People need time to get back from the holidays and to discover new travel options. What we DO know, however, is that it some cases it actually costs more for YRT to operate a route itself than to contract it to the TTC. This suggests that the plan is to eventually take over ALL contracted TTC routes in York Region. Which means that many riders in Markham would lose their direct connection to the subway and would need to transfer for travel south of Steeles.
Are you dismissing the possibility of the Line 2 Extension to Markville? :cool:

This is the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY :p

a DRL could veer further eastward as it heads north away from Don Mills and have it go to Markham instead. Those coming in from Markham wouldn’t have to bother with Line 2 unless they’re actually headed to Bloor or Danforth.

a DRL could veer further eastward as it heads north away from Don Mills and have it go to Markham instead. Those coming in from Markham wouldn’t have to bother with Line 2 unless they’re actually headed to Bloor or Danforth.
Leslie/Don Mills from Steeles Ave to Highway 7 is in Markham (Richmond Hill does not border Toronto), so unless you mean Markham Centre (Downtown) then it will have to go to Warden/Kennedy and Highway 7, which is where Unionville GO Station is with RER. The Relief Line to Beaver Creek Business Park, RER to Unionville/Downtown Markham, and Line 2 to Markville Mall. FANTASY MAP MODE ENGAGED (RER is not fantasy though).

I think a DrL terminal is better east of the 404, either Woodbine/7 or Warden/7. Otherwise it'd be too close to the Yonge extension. And Downtown Markham makes sense for a terminal, to parallel the Spadina Extension.

I think a DrL terminal is better east of the 404, either Woodbine/7 or Warden/7. Otherwise it'd be too close to the Yonge extension. And Downtown Markham makes sense for a terminal, to parallel the Spadina Extension.
I actually see that my vision for the Relief Line at Leslie/Highway 7 is not that great. Since Viva Green will eventually be a Rapidway down to Don Mills Station, the Relief Line Extension to Highway 7 should really go to Birchmount and Highway 7. With stations at Don Mills/Finch, Victoria Park/Steeles, Warden/14th, Birchmount/Enterprise, and Birchmount/Highway 7. This is the vision for 2061 though am I right?

Last edited:
So apparently the TTC is putting the art installation at Pioneer Village station on hold for a bit due to concerns about hate speech and other inappropriate behaviours.

You would think they would have realised when it was conceived that people would write horribly inappropriate things in it and created a system to prevent it but apparently not. To be fair I tried to write penis, motherf****r and ass**** in it on the first day of operation. I was trying to be a little shit but alas, the TTC prevented it.

See here: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/12/22/ttc-backtracks-on-500000-station-art-installation.html

Back