Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

I'm a bit late to the party here with photos, but here are some Miscellaneous photos of the Open House that haven't been posted by other members yet. I'm omitting photos of the stations since we already have excellent photos of those ones:

Vaughan Metropolitan Station facts:
View attachment 126022

Pioneer Station Facts:
View attachment 126023

Pioneer Station platform:
View attachment 126024

View attachment 126025

Pioneer Station Bus Platform:
View attachment 126026
Is that a challenge? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Vaughan Metropolitan Station facts:
Yyl3A5q.jpg

SaX5R26.jpg

tcY24aL.jpg

g1gCtKS.jpg

3Rc7wrG.jpg

0balPXO.jpg

V6Yd2d3.jpg

LGoEelz.jpg

1F2Y2SW.jpg

zrdXWia.jpg

xfbuV17.jpg

rbQxUvW.jpg

Highway 407 Station Facts:
JgkjEQm.jpg

AeEBzmr.jpg

0MjOymC.jpg

xsi0M9N.jpg

rrFMwA5.jpg

NwAVzpB.jpg

3mMl4Y7.jpg

OTxOyCg.jpg

yCtIgD9.jpg

Pioneer Station Facts:
ln8DEOP.jpg

ARholKb.jpg

4xSabQm.jpg

Lt3lgyf.jpg

5pFyZJW.jpg

0sHKcb9.jpg

PiJaGQ3.jpg

QKUfIB4.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any chance that inter-regional buses (not GO) will want to use Highway 407 Station for their bus services?

I don't see much of a demand for Greyhound or Megabus, but I can see Angel Tours renting a bus bay at VMC and/or Highway 407 for their Rama bus (like they currently do at Finch and Yorkdale). Safeway Tours won't bother for their Fallsview bus and will just load on-street beside the terminal.

I don't see much of a demand for Greyhound or Megabus, but I can see Angel Tours renting a bus bay at VMC and/or Highway 407 for their Rama bus (like they currently do at Finch and Yorkdale). Safeway Tours won't bother for their Fallsview bus and will just load on-street beside the terminal.

We know nothing about GO's plans, which is a fustration. But even without the 407 bus services, there are still a few routes that could be sent here, such as Route 66/66A, a re-routed/renumbered 38A that could serve Highway 407 instead of Etobicoke North/Yorkdale (with the 38 still serving Malton). Routes 32 and 40 pass already right by on Highway 407; conceivably, Route 36 could be re-routed from Yorkdale as well.

Demand for the direct, faster subway connection via Highway 407 could see more buses sent here from the north/northwest. That will provide a few hundred riders a day.

After the 2017-2018 academic year ends, and possibly a change in government, GO could then move all their York U buses to Highway 407 Station with less blowback. At that point, it will be a useful hub.

Last edited:
We know nothing about GO's plans. Even without the 407 bus services, there are still a few routes that could be sent here, such as Route 66/66A, a re-routed/renumbered 38A that could serve Highway 407 instead of Etobicoke North/Yorkdale (with the 38 still serving Malton). Demand for the direct, faster subway connection via Highway 407 could see more buses sent here from the north/northwest. That will provide a few hundred riders a day.

After the 2017-2018 academic year ends, and possibly a change in government, GO could then move all their York U buses to Highway 407 Station with less blowback. At that point, it will be a useful hub.

After the subway opening, I could see GO buses serving both Highway 407 Station AND York U (with Highway 407 replacing the surprisingly-popular Keele/Snidercroft stop I mentioned earlier) until the Commons bus loop is closed by York.

After the subway opening, I could see GO buses serving both Highway 407 Station AND York U (with Highway 407 replacing the surprisingly-popular Keele/Snidercroft stop I mentioned earlier) until the Commons bus loop is closed by York.

That's possible, though it would add time - possibly as much five minutes per direction - to those GO buses, especially those coming from the east. One other trouble is that the Keele/Snidercroft stop has far better connections to local transit than Highway 407 Station will. Only YRT Route 20 will stop there.

Last edited:
How many times does this point needs repeating? It's been discussed here many times. It's moot point now.

Yeah - now we're either complaining about how overbuilt the stations are or, alternately, how there's too much concrete at the platform level and more design would have been nice :)

Won’t be moot if they keep on doing it, like with SSE.

And a Line 4 could have been a lot longer if it were elevated closer to the 401 where it wouldn’t bother anyone hitting the STC, colleges, universities, and perhaps all the way to Rouge Hill providing an uptown rapid transit service, even as a skytrain.

Too many pissed away opportunities by doing less with more.

Back