Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

I have never seen the problem with it showing on the subway (that is underish yonge) as Eglinton and showing on the Crosstown (which is under Eglinton) as Yonge.

I wouldn't disagree with this if this was in fact what they are doing.

But still....to get hung up about something as unimportant as a station name seems a bit silly to me. There are much bigger fish to fry, like improving the damn service, or following up on promises for more service.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

If someone had a time machine, he/she could travel to the 1960s to convince the TTC to use the Bloor-Yonge name on both levels, rather than Bloor on the Yonge line and Yonge on the Bloor line.

Handheld phones that displayed live videos and messages were science fiction back then.

Too late now.

Good thing time travel haven't been invented yet or else we would see time travellers meeting us and telling us what to do.

If someone had a time machine, he/she could travel to the 1960s to convince the TTC to use the Bloor-Yonge name on both levels, rather than Bloor on the Yonge line and Yonge on the Bloor line.

Handheld phones that displayed live videos and messages were science fiction back then.

Too late now.

Good thing time travel haven't been invented yet or else we would see time travellers meeting us and telling us what to do.
You'll never know what time travel means though. What if our future selves went back in time to fix this transit nightmare, but created a different timeline rather than change the timeline. Therefore, we are in a timeline where transit is insane while somewhere out there, there is a transit utopia in Toronto run by Metrolinx.

It's never too late for time travel, thats why it's called time travel :D :cool:

We would just not benefit from any of it.

From the April CEO's Report:
In advance of line opening, the existing Downsview Station will be renamed Sheppard West to avoid confusion with the new Downsview Park Station, which is actually located within the park. The revised name for Sheppard West will be phased in from May 7th and staff will be on hand at the Board meeting to answer questions.

I have no issue with the station name being "Yonge" on the Eglinton line and "Eglinton" on the Yonge line. But the map should show Eglinton-Yonge.

I know it's a "minor" issue. But if the TTC/Metrolinx can't get a simple issue like the naming of a major subway/LRT interchange right, it doesn't inspire confidence.

In a similar fashion, in the past many TTC notices had a very unprofessional look to them, which they tried to fix. These small things do matter.

Back