Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

From what I understand, part of the agreement for the subway extension includes free connections to York University. YRT passengers get a free connection from VMC to York U, and Go Transit passengers get a free connection from Highway 407 and Downsview Park to York U.

Your "understanding" is not at all confirmed.

Your "understanding" is not at all confirmed.

Agreed. I haven't read anything to confirm that. Although with Presto and mandatory tap-outs, I'd suspect it would be pretty easy to manage. Tap on at VMC or Hwy 407 Stations and get the TTC fare deducted. Tap off at York U and get the TTC fare reimbursed, if your YRT/BT/GO transfer window is still active.

Agreed. I haven't read anything to confirm that. Although with Presto and mandatory tap-outs, I'd suspect it would be pretty easy to manage. Tap on at VMC or Hwy 407 Stations and get the TTC fare deducted. Tap off at York U and get the TTC fare reimbursed, if your YRT/BT/GO transfer window is still active.
One Word: Fare Integration.
Wait, it that 2 words?

My impression is there was an understanding at the outset about fares but nothing was ever formalized.

So if you think there's no actual plan regarding cross border fares for this line, which was supposed to open a year ago, but which is now set to open within a year, you win a prize.

I know the company that built the refill machines is working on round 2 but, man, are we ever gonna need a vast improvement in and number of those machines, given that reality.

And aren't they supposed to be installing vending machines at the stations that will sell single use RFID paper tickets? Haven't seen any sign of them.

Will eglinton lrt have collector booths?

I've seen them in some of the renderings, but I assume plans could still change.

7578-84390.jpeg

Attachments

• 7578-84390.jpeg
    7578-84390.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 229
They were definitely part of the original contracts (I had one in one of mine), but the rumour for a while had been that they are being removed.

The same thing happened with all the fare lanes, which originally had the old-style lanes, but were put on hold until the new procurement contract for the fare-gates went out.

There will still be a need for station attendant of some kind even if there are no "collectors" per se? That's the model the rest of the system is moving to anyways. (In fact, I think it reads "Station Attendant Booth" in the rendering if you squint).

AoD

There will still be a need for station attendant of some kind even if there are no "collectors" per se? That's the model the rest of the system is moving to anyways. (In fact, I think it reads "Station Attendant Booth" in the rendering if you squint).

AoD
I think it will become a sort of break room for them or they might have a supervisor on duty at them or something like that.

AoD

Exactly. This is the European model. And in some places, their station staff are as well-dressed and professional as the airline counter staff at a major carrier. This should be the goal with the TTC.

Exactly. This is the European model. And in some places, their station staff are as well-dressed and professional as the airline counter staff at a major carrier. This should be the goal with the TTC.

No, it shouldn't be, because the TTC not only lacks money to spare on ancillary niceties such as that, they're badly lacking money to run service properly. Once we get the existing services in the city running even remotely well, and then once we get all of these added services running well, and once we have extra money to spare, then maybe we can focus on well-dressed attendants.

Back