Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

I know that the upper portion is for mech/elect equipment but how much is actually going to be used? Even 80 story condos dont have mech spaces that big in S.A.!

Geez, what are they doing up there? I thought the subway is scheduled to be opened in less than a year's time. Still looks like a war zone.
for some reason I can't see the image that sparked your comment....so I don't know how bad it is ....but the subway is not scheduled to open in less than a year's time.....it is (AFAIK) scheduled to open at the end of 2017 (which will likely spill into early 2018 anyway) which is a little more than a year's time away.

for some reason I can't see the image that sparked your comment....so I don't know how bad it is ....but the subway is not scheduled to open in less than a year's time.....it is (AFAIK) scheduled to open at the end of 2017 (which will likely spill into early 2018 anyway) which is a little more than a year's time away.

Considering that the line was supposed to open before the start of the 2015 Pan Am Games, making a late 2017 opening date already years behind schedule; I feel my grievance is legitimate. Forgive me for wanting to witness some expedience on the matter.

Considering that the line was supposed to open before the start of the 2015 Pan Am Games,

The only time that anyone speculated that the line would open before the Pan Ams was when the first of the funding argreements was signed in 2006 or so.

By the time that construction had actually started on the line, the projected opening was already after the Pan Am Games.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Considering that the line was supposed to open before the start of the 2015 Pan Am Games ...
Since when? I believe it already had a late 2015 target back when Toronto was awarded the Pan Am Games in November 2009.

The only time that anyone speculated that the line would open before the Pan Ams was when the first of the funding argreements was signed in 2006 or so.
Toronto didn't even confirm they were bidding on the games until early 2009. And the May 2009 bid book had no major events at York University (other than the nearby tennis).

Not sure where people keep rolling out this Spadina subway being part of the Pan Am games. The West Harbour GO station was in the bid book, and it was open for the games.

What wasn't the justification for Downsview Park Station? There's nothing there other than Downsview Park, no major connecting routes, and it's only about a 5 minute ride to Sheppard West Station. Seems like a huge waste of $200 Million.

What wasn't the justification for Downsview Park Station? There's nothing there other than Downsview Park, no major connecting routes, and it's only about a 5 minute ride to Sheppard West Station. Seems like a huge waste of $200 Million.
It is the future location of Toronto's NFL franchise (as well as where Super Bowl LX+ will be held) and yes, the Toronto NFL franchise would play against the Springfield Atoms during the Toronto NFL franchise's first playoff game (note that the Toronto NFL franchise will not be the Buffalo Bills' successor), as well as the location of Toronto's second NHL franchise (known as the Legacy and yes, they would win the Stanley Cup before the Leafs would win one since 1967).

In other words, useless in the first decade or so.

Last edited:
I believe that there is a lot of land slated for development around the station itself.

I thought it is an at-grade station and not a major by terminal location. Shouldn't cost more than $100M

I thought it is an at-grade station and not a major by terminal location. Shouldn't cost more than $100M

Nope the station box is still below grade. The only at grade section is the go train platform which also drives up the price. Also don't forget to add in the compulsory 10% Toronto markup and the 10% corruption fees

I believe that there is a lot of land slated for development around the station itself.
That's right, much of the surrounding area is designated for commercial uses (the red arrow is pointing at Downsview Park Station):
upload_2016-9-11_10-0-48.png

Source: http://downsviewlands.ca/plans

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-11_10-0-48.png
    upload_2016-9-11_10-0-48.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,108
They are? This seems pretty dumb, York U is quite a ways from Downsview Park.
york u us, also, quite a ways away (in a not too pleasant walk) from the current York University station.......the hope they have is that a more convenient/pleasant route to school (ie. Trsf to subway) will encourage more users.

Back