Toronto Spadina Subway Extension Emergency Exits | ?m | 1s | TTC | IBI Group

With a Sheppard West extension to Spadina, trips to Fairview Mall via the TTC suddenly becomes feasible too for a much greater part of the city!

Or they can take one more stop to Yorkdale. Travelling to Fairview is hardly a reason to extend Sheppard west.

I wouldn't be surprised if the only station was Bathurst, or Bathurst & Faywood. Senlac really doesn't seem to have much around it...
There's York Cemetery just north of Sheppard on Senlac. People are dying to go there. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I would put a stop at Senlac and increase the density surrounding the station. I would have done the same with Willowdale.

There's York Cemetery just north of Sheppard on Senlac. People are dying to go there. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.

They do have highrise mausoleums or cemeteries. Like this 32-story cemetery in Brazil. See link.

necropolis.jpg

I would put a stop at Senlac and increase the density surrounding the station. I would have done the same with Willowdale.

They could build a station box there for now and add a station later if the development actually happens, like at North York Centre.

I'm not a fan of this idea of building subways to nowhere and hoping that doing so will increase density in those areas (ex. Vaughn). We already have very high density areas that badly need better transit. Why not actually build transit where the demand is, rather than trying to create the demand after the fact.

Or they can take one more stop to Yorkdale. Travelling to Fairview is hardly a reason to extend Sheppard west.

True. But it give a chance for those using that subway to:

1-Bypass the Yonge Line and use the Spadina Line
2-Get students faster to York University instead of relying on the 84 or 196 bus (on the chopping block past 2016)
3-I think Yorkdale is a way more popular destination than Fairview mall

That would be common in the future. Condos of the dead? It would make an interesting horror flick.

Interesting design. Brazil has a lot of land so I wonder why they need to go up like this. Would be interesting to see if this could get approved in downtown Toronto or any big city like New York or London.

Interesting design. Brazil has a lot of land so I wonder why they need to go up like this. Would be interesting to see if this could get approved in downtown Toronto or any big city like New York or London.

Land in Brazil is at a premium in urban areas, though. This place is up against a hill in Santos, which is on an island and pretty much built up.

http://goo.gl/maps/mAJd5

I guess it makes sense for people living in S. Paulo and the region, which is even more built up.

Back