Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

Also, there are also no visible hangers attached to the concrete. Unusual. Window wall is usually mounted to brackets pre-drilled into the floor slabs.

Are they just "gluing" the cladding on? :D

Also, there are also no visible hangers attached to the concrete. Unusual. Window wall is usually mounted to brackets pre-drilled into the floor slabs.

Are they just "gluing" the cladding on? :D

look at androiduk photo and you will see the support are on the top of the floor slab

May 5
8728313895_0377463847_b.jpg

8728311417_d3624d8688_b.jpg

8729429102_b40afc8b35_b.jpg

8729342476_15241964b4_b.jpg

8728317479_c9a2b1421b_b.jpg

8729346910_12db58dabd_b.jpg

That is a nice deck. It looks like there are still about a dozen floors left to go, plus a solid chunk of mechanical. Quite pleasantly surprised with how this one turned out.

It's not windowwall, it's curtainwall. The the top of one frame locks into the bottom of the other frame with a pair of gaskets to create a sealed tube. The only physical place left where it could possibly leak is where the mullions are joined, and (depending on the system) that's usually covered with a patch (either an aluminium insert or a piece of membrane) and caulked. They install after it's had a chance to dry, and although the mullions themselves should be weathertight once locked (there's usually a gasket where they marry) it's standard practice for the installers to caulk six inches up the vertical gasket and six inches across the horizontal gasket just to be double-safe (sometimes the gaskets can pinch and roll off the extrusion, the caulking guarantees that even if they do there's still something sealing the interlocks).

It's actually a much better way of doing things than windowwall. Done right it's almost impossible for it to leak.

I hope that's a public lobby space. That'd make for an excellent viewing deck.

That is a really cool feature. Even though it's only a few storeys above grade, it's wide open here above the train tracks and will have panoramic views of the financial district. A restaurant would be great. Hope it's not just a business centre. I hope it's public, too. Although I have no reason to stay in a hotel in TO, this is one of my favorite new projects (and favorite of the recently built hotels), so I may come up with a valid reason for staying over when it's all completed :p

Are they just "gluing" the cladding on?
The hybrid-wall system here at Delta is being drilled into the underside of the slab, and fastened with wedge bolts.

Back