Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

By the way. All those lines hanging down from the L Tower?
You should see it at quitting time when they all come rappelling down at once.
Quite the spectacle!

Last edited:
I totally agree. Sure it's beautiful as far as Toronto architecture goes, but ultimately its just another example of mafiosi developers looking to maximize profits. The tower might have been just as striking had they used bird friendly design....but of course, that costs money.

The "dots" on the facade may provide enough of an indication that "it ain't sky" up ahead... but that's only on the south half.

I think the biggest issue is the reflection of the sky on the glass, fooling the birds to think it's just open skies.

I believe, and any experts feel free to correct me, that both night and daytime pose issues. During the day the buildings blend into the sky, and at night the lights from inside make it appear as if there are no windows at all. Animals are adaptive though, perhaps over successive generations bird species will evolve to recognize glass. We're building better birds here people; survival of the fittest.

Fake photoshop tilt-shift from yesterday:

Tiny Megaprojects by Jack Landau, on Flickr

And here is a non edited version for the fun police out there:

zdDCyMw.jpg

Do we know whether or not those white squares are going to be lit like they appeared to be in the rendering? I doubt they will be, but it would be really nice if they were.

Nice shots Urban. Shows off beauty on a sunny day eh.

Back