Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

79DB5BD1-754E-40B9-9900-73149CC7853B-715-0000020A661719F3.jpg

From earlier today.
In that third pic I tried to capture the density happening now in that neck of the woods. Kind of exciting in a Hazel McCallion kickin up her heels kind of way.

The Delta is dreamy ;) and even more so with the reflection of the clouds. This is my favorite non-residential building rising right now. Thanks for the great pics!

Critique:

Actually I think the glazing is significantly more "ripplely" than Four Seasons, BA1 or even Shangri La. The smaller panels seems to have some serious distortions.

AoD

Last edited:
Critique:

Actually I think the glazing is significantly more "ripplely" than Four Seasons, BA1 or even Shangri La. The smaller panels seems to have some serious distortions.

AoD

The severity of the visible distortions also depends upon how far you are from the glass. The further away from the glass the image is taken, the more severe the distortions will look.

Could the rippling effect not just be he wind causing the windows to flutter and it just being captured in pictures, or do they look like this in person to. I dint notice them being rippleed when I was there a few weeks ago.

Critique:

AoD

Either way, it looks better, and looks of higher quality.

Therefore, I concluded it looks superior to the buildings captured in the third pic.
And yes, I suppose they do look more "rippely", though that is quite common in other cities.

I wonder if a surface with some visual distortion is better for alerting migrating birds to an impending faceplant?

I wonder if a surface with some visual distortion is better for alerting migrating birds to an impending faceplant?

Interesting theory, though I was under the impression that the biggest issue is the night time lighting which disorients(disorientates?) the birds.

I think the biggest issue is the reflection of the sky on the glass, fooling the birds to think it's just open skies.

I totally agree. Sure it's beautiful as far as Toronto architecture goes, but ultimately its just another example of mafiosi developers looking to maximize profits. The tower might have been just as striking had they used bird friendly design....but of course, that costs money.

I totally agree. Sure it's beautiful as far as Toronto architecture goes, but ultimately its just another example of mafiosi developers looking to maximize profits. The tower might have been just as striking had they used bird friendly design....but of course, that costs money.

^ pfft, who needs birds when we have fake woodpeckers pecking holes into fake trees.

I'm calling this one the Mushroom building. It seems the more it rains, the faster it pops up.
Under a week per floor. I'm certain.

Last edited:

Back