Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

I could be much happier if ever we finally get a supertall!

To most developers, major office tenants and condo owners, 1000 feet is a relatively arbitrary number that has no real benefit to anyone other than us skyscraper geeks. The fact that we might be getting 3 Gehry towers in the 900 foot range - not to mention the Oxford proposal - should be enough to satisfy any skyscraper fan. We also have various towers above 250 meters proposed and already under construction. The main point I am trying to make is that we should be happy with what he have on the table instead of wishing for another 20 meters to claim some "title". I wouldn't at all complain if we got a supertall - but I will refrain from pining for one

To most developers, major office tenants and condo owners, 1000 feet is a relatively arbitrary number that has no real benefit to anyone other than us skyscraper geeks. The fact that we might be getting 3 Gehry towers in the 900 foot range - not to mention the Oxford proposal - should be enough to satisfy any skyscraper fan. We also have various towers above 250 meters proposed and already under construction. The main point I am trying to make is that we should be happy with what he have on the table instead of wishing for another 20 meters to claim some "title". I wouldn't at all complain if we got a supertall - but I will refrain from pining for one

But I really am thrilled with all that has been proposed as of late, I'm hoping they all get built, and I'm not really pinning for a supertall, we have an awesome skyline which is constantly evolving with new towers. Just saying it would be nice to get one eventually, until then, I'm not loosing any sleep over it, I'll delight in all we have going on, and consider myself fortunate to be living in this city at a time of such phenomenal growth.

from today
20121103033.jpg

You can see the hotel tower's floorplate shape well in that photo, including the point it comes to along its south edge.

Based on the photos above you can see that the "prow" shape on the south facade of the Delta is going to be fairly pronounced.

That's gonna hold shit up.

lol!!!

I'm real skeptical about the Delta tower as to what type of cladding they will be using. the renders weren't very clear on that.. as for the Bremner tower, I expect no more of the PWC cladding (which was really nice)

Back