Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

Curious, is the other crane for the office component, because I don't think that's been officially announced yet ?

It was my understanding that the office broke ground along with the hotel. The press release on the topping off of the PwC tower says as much....

It was my understanding that the office broke ground along with the hotel. The press release on the topping off of the PwC tower says as much....

and there were supposedly WMD in Iraq too

it's an adobe file you gotta open: siorcanada.com/index.php/download_file/view/159/ dated April 19, 2011 and on 125 Bremner tower, there's a distinct BMO logo.

Thanks to the one and only urbandreamer, it is possible BMO will be the lead tenant at Bremner Tower, copy and paste the link above, it's on pg. 28/38 of the PDF. Though nothing has been officially announced, it is reminiscent of that video of Oxford talking about Waterpark III and RBC logos on the screens of the computers in the walk through of the interior of that building well before it was announced RBC would be the lead tenant there.

I really hope that they go through with the office component here. It's unfortunate enough that Ice's office component is on hold.

I really hope that they go through with the office component here. It's unfortunate enough that Ice's office component is on hold.

That's not really a fair statement, to my knowledge, and I'm fairly confident about this. The office component of ice was never taken to the market, they didn't even try. In other words there were no plans to get it going at the same time i.e. it's not on hold per say.

It's possible the developer will simply off load the site.

Now as a counter example, I can say with certainty projects like Bay Adelaide East 2 (i.e. the next office tower) are indeed being actively marketed.

The entire parking facility was planned to be built with the hotel. Last I heard, the Bremner Tower will be capped at grade however, several leases to almost completely fill the York Tower have been signed since.

I wouldn't read too much into the BMO logos in the .pdf. I'm not saying it can't happen but, I have some insight into BMO life and the long term confidence just isn't there.

The entire parking facility was planned to be built with the hotel. Last I heard, the Bremner Tower will be capped at grade however, several leases to almost completely fill the York Tower have been signed since.

I wouldn't read too much into the BMO logos in the .pdf. I'm not saying it can't happen but, I have some insight into BMO life and the long term confidence just isn't there.

The long term confidence in what exactly ?

From today:

attachment.php

I wonder if capping it at grade makes sense, or if they'd go up three storeys and cap it there. The way the complex works, with the railway embankment and the enclosed pedestrian connections, it would seem somewhat strange to leave a big gaping hole in the middle.

I wonder if capping it at grade makes sense, or if they'd go up three storeys and cap it there. The way the complex works, with the railway embankment and the enclosed pedestrian connections, it would seem somewhat strange to leave a big gaping hole in the middle.

LOL:DCapping..is just a rumour started out by a bunch of doom and gloom individuals. No legitimate information regarding it anywhere.:confused:

That's not really a fair statement, to my knowledge, and I'm fairly confident about this. The office component of ice was never taken to the market, they didn't even try. In other words there were no plans to get it going at the same time i.e. it's not on hold per say.

It really makes you wonder about a developer who not only has a great office location:
- Close to CBD
- close to ACC
- close to Skydome (it will always be skydome to me)
- close to the Gardiner
- right beside Union Station
- PATH access
- close to the lake
- close to many major hotels

But they also had approval and council's greatest wishes for as office building on the site

AND they had the equipment on SITE!!

but instead they sat back and watched as several over office developments were announced, approved and are now marketing.

Seriously what else could a developer want?

There must be some angle we don't know about such as the pending sale of MLSE or they simply missed a big opportunity. I'm leaning toward the latter.

I wonder if it had something to do with sales for Ice. Maybe they were worried about scaring off prospective purchasers, so they wanted to make the office component sound like something that would happen one day, far, far, far down the the road. Plus, an office development on that site won't seem as obtrusive later, once the building is basically hemmed in on all sides anyway.

Back