Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

It's amazing that even though I check the P&C threads almost every day, I still had no idea there's a nearly 50-storey Delta going in this location. Some stuff just seems to fly under the radar.
It's also amazing what a wasteland this area used to be. There was basically nothing between the rail tracks and the Gardiner until about 8-10 years ago.

I think it started with the ACC - which wil not even be visible soon.

Coincidentally, a friend of mine (with absolutely no interest in anything on UT) posted this has her FB status: "dear buildings in front of the acc. I remember when you were a parking lot. and a free parking lot before that, and a random space even before that."

Agreed. Even for the first 10 years the ACC was there, it felt like it was in this void between the waterfront and the CBD, with nothing but parking lots in front of it.

The skyline views from the west and east always had this weird gap in them. You had the tall towers in the CBD, and then this big blank spot (which really only had the CN tower in it), and then the towers along the Waterfront. The buildings going up now in the Southcore Area will eventually provide a very nice gradual stepdown between the supertalls in the CBD and the buildings along the waterfront.

^^^, the weird gaps are because of the drop off that is on the south side of Front street (union station), followed by the railway tracks, and the southcore lands.... Thankfully, L tower should help as it will be unobstructed on the south side of Front, :)

^^^, the weird gaps are because of the drop off that is on the south side of Front street (union station), followed by the railway tracks, and the southcore lands.... Thankfully, L tower should help as it will be unobstructed on the south side of Front, :)

That's true. I was referring more to the mid-2000s shot before Southcore even existed, where between Front St and the Gardiner there was pretty much nothing visible from any skyline shot. Southcore will go a long way towards filling that gap, and towers like the L Tower and Backstage will fill in the 'Union gap'.

Interesting report on future office developments in the Star, which could be posted in this or any of the pending office development UT threads.....

“Fundamentals have improved so much across the board that construction activity has picked up, or is expected, across the country, with a new office project breaking ground in downtown Montreal, multiple projects commencing in Toronto, and the expectation of projects to break ground in both Vancouver and Calgary.”

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1015576--canada-s-office-vacancy-rate-continues-to-fall

I think we are going to see 3 or maybe 4 office towers announced in the next few months...Bremner Tower is probably the first...

I don't get why people still doesn't believe they're building the Bremner tower, it was announced a while ago. It was pretty clear from the press releases that both it and the delta were going up at the same time.

I spent a solid half hour trying to find this, no luck.

If so, that means both (unannounced) RBC and BMO will be expanding south of Union.

I spent a solid half hour trying to find this, no luck.

If so, that means both (unannounced) RBC and BMO will be expanding south of Union.

hmm, your google skills are lacking...:p

it's an adobe file you gotta open: siorcanada.com/index.php/download_file/view/159/ dated April 19, 2011 and on 125 Bremner tower, there's a distinct BMO logo.

In that file btw, Waterpark Place 3 looks great!

Last edited:
Holy crap batman!

That pdf has a lot of goodies. First the BMO rendering of Bremner Tower, but also marketing material for Waterpark Place III and Bay Adelaide East. These are the first real renderings I saw of either tower!

It's hard tp say for sure but it does look like BMO

No logo on Bay Adelaide East though.

120Bremner-3.jpg

Last edited:

Back