News   Jun 26, 2024
 840     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 730     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 666     0 

Toronto skyline

Tweeted by blogTO: What Toronto looks like from across the lake.

u1nwq.jpg

Sauce.

Absolutely insane telephoto.

captain... the dilithium crystals... they can't take the strain...

that telephoto is sick

i mean awesome

heck, i can't even talk straight

x1000000

holyyyyy... that shot can't be real. I mean, i've seen a few pics from across the lake, but this takes it to another level!!!! I'm BLOWN AWAY by how Minto Midtown just seems so leveled with the rest of the skyline, and four seasons looks so close!

can someone describe how that view would look in real life? (i assume you would have to squint really hard to pick out any landmarks aside from the CN Tower; not to mention, visibility wouldn't be that clear)

and yes... there are no words.

warning-brain-explosion-zone.png

^Amazing shot! Heres one from 20 minutes ago (sorry, I don't have anything more recent)

QGAJi.jpg

Theres a colour selective edit in this thread

Last edited:
for the shot from across the lake it all depends on how hazy the air is... on clear days it looks pretty close to the enhanced shot. I love the views from up on the escarpment of the whole western ed of L. Ontario. Mississauga looks quite impressive as well and mid-rises stretch all the way to Burlington and Hamilton. It is truely a massive and fairly densely populated region we live in....

One must look at the original shot (before enhancement) to get a realistic view.
See attachment:

Goldie and T-A: This is a remarkable picture from the Niagara Peninsula on a clear day looking N across
Lake Ontario...What was the location atop the Escarpment that this picture was taken from?

This brings back a memory I have of the view from the Robert Moses Parkway on a similar day during one
of my visits to that area during the late 80s...It just happened to be one of those type of days with a reasonable
temperature and low humidity and as I drove over the crest of the Escarpment near the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge
one can clearly see Toronto in the distance...I was quite impressed...

On subsequent visits I also tried to note this but conditions were different and distant locations were not visible...

LI MIKE

Taken 19 September 2012. I tried to upload this to my site on Smugmug but couldn't. Does someone know a free hosting site that will allow this to be seen at it's full size?

8008077161_3042d2a622_k.jpg

Panoramio (not quite and image sharing site but i think they will let you link images in a URL)
All you need is a google account
Great shot btw

Ahhhhh how did you get inside Tower Automotive??? Were these photos taken before the ground floor was boarded up? The linseed factory is always my top choice for urban exploration. Nice shots!

Back