1.8K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 639     1 

Toronto skyline

Enviable shots from a friend's apartment:

2012-08-08-200812-X2.jpg

2012-08-08-200820-X2.jpg

2012-08-08-200757-HDR-X2.jpg

The lens was dirty plus I have a little scratch on it courtesy of a wired fence. I'm due for an upgrade anyway :)

This is classic dust on the sensor. Just needs a sensor cleaning. A good way to check is to set your aperture to f22 and shoot a blue sky. You wont believe what you see!!

amazing photos across the board now!

wow. for the most part, can't believe everything we saw rendered a few years ago of "future toronto" has been achieved, Trump tower, Ritz, Shangri-la, FS, etc..!!! now there's a future-future toronto to look forward to!

120 Homewood which is on the northwest corner of Wellesley and Homewood. This isn't even the best part of the view which is in the living room through floor to ceiling plate glass windows and is basically 180 degrees all along Wellesley from Riverdale to downtown to Mississauga. Stunning at night with the lights off.

I have been looking at Toronto's skyline photos for a long time and fior a reason i was never able to admire it the way some do. There's something that I obviously bothers me when looking at these photos and I think i have realized it now. It's the CN tower. I think that when one is taking a picture of Toronto it has to include the CN tower otherwise it wont be complete......or it won't be descriptive enough. Now, for someone from Japan or Europe, for examples, a Toronto picture has to include the CN tower otherwise it wont be representatice of the city.

Some pictures in this thread are great but my eyes are always attracted to the CN tower therefor dismissing most of the city's skyscraper and god knows some of them are great looking. I don't know but maybe without the CN tower the Toronto skyline get more credits. Of course it would be less recognisible but at the same time it would leave more room to other infrastructure.

Things is the only and main Toronto icon is the CN tower and unlike other cities like NYC, Paris, Chicago etc... when this icon isn't features in the photo then it becomes hard to recognize Toronto, infortunately.

Paris has the Eiffeil tower.....and if it isn't in the picture then maybe the Sacre-Coeur is, or maybe the Champs-Élysées is or maybe Notre-Dame is etc... The same for NYC. If the Empire state building isn't in the picture then maybe Times square is, or the statue of Liberty or Broadway or the Rockefeller center or the Brooklyn bridge etc..... Or in Montreal, it doesn't matter which angle the picture is taken, there is no building that dominates so much therefor it can be the Jacques-Cartier bridge, the Olympic tower, the Mount-Royal, the Place Ville-Marie, St-Paul street or Oratoire St-Joseph, it is all part of the city anf none of these landmarks get the front seat !

That would actually be really cool - if the Toronto Star building was a flat iron design jutting out into the harbour with Queens Quay curving around it....

I have been looking at Toronto's skyline photos for a long time and fior a reason i was never able to admire it the way some do. There's something that I obviously bothers me when looking at these photos and I think i have realized it now. It's the CN tower. I think that when one is taking a picture of Toronto it has to include the CN tower otherwise it wont be complete......or it won't be descriptive enough. Now, for someone from Japan or Europe, for examples, a Toronto picture has to include the CN tower otherwise it wont be representatice of the city.

Some pictures in this thread are great but my eyes are always attracted to the CN tower therefor dismissing most of the city's skyscraper and god knows some of them are great looking. I don't know but maybe without the CN tower the Toronto skyline get more credits. Of course it would be less recognisible but at the same time it would leave more room to other infrastructure.

Things is the only and main Toronto icon is the CN tower and unlike other cities like NYC, Paris, Chicago etc... when this icon isn't features in the photo then it becomes hard to recognize Toronto, infortunately.

Paris has the Eiffeil tower.....and if it isn't in the picture then maybe the Sacre-Coeur is, or maybe the Champs-Élysées is or maybe Notre-Dame is etc... The same for NYC. If the Empire state building isn't in the picture then maybe Times square is, or the statue of Liberty or Broadway or the Rockefeller center or the Brooklyn bridge etc..... Or in Montreal, it doesn't matter which angle the picture is taken, there is no building that dominates so much therefor it can be the Jacques-Cartier bridge, the Olympic tower, the Mount-Royal, the Place Ville-Marie, St-Paul street or Oratoire St-Joseph, it is all part of the city anf none of these landmarks get the front seat !

That is so very true. Recently, a friend from LA was visiting me, when she returned home she sent me her pics of the city, many of which were sans the CT Tower, and honestly, for a moment, I didn't recognize my own city! We're so use, or conditioned, to seeing it as our cities symbol, it just doesn't seem like our skyline without it.

Back