Toronto SIX50 King West | ?m | 16s | Freed | Core Architects

Just spoke again with Emily Brandon at Freed sales center (416 360 0600).

1. There is no formal revised occupancy date yet but Emily said they estimate Fall 2011 at the latest. Formal letters will be sent out Aug/Sep 09.
2. The builder refuses reassignment of pre-construction agreements. Reason: Due to economic downturn the financiers see this as unwanted additional risk.
3. The chimney on the east side is outside of their control. They have no info on it.
4. They acknowledge that they know about plans for a new giant condo (525 Adelaide) to go up north of the building and block the north view and become a privacy concern for east facing units but they can do nothing about it nor can compensate for it.
5. Construction should begin literally any day. They are waiting for final approvals.

Staring at the neighbours, whether tenants or owners, is always enjoyable. Staring at bleak waterfront vistas or grey old toronto? Boring 99% of the time.

(Most ppl would be happier if their "view" was one gigantic Windows Vista....:))

Just hope that you have fun and young neighbours :p

That chimney is awesome. If you don't want that beauty in your view, move over, because a lot of people with a taste for architecture, industry, and urbanity would love to have it. Sell your suite and list the chimney prominently as a feature.

Project on hold

I heard a rumour from someone at Waddingtons that this project is on hold. Anyone know if this is true?

I heard a rumour from someone at Waddingtons that this project is on hold. Anyone know if this is true?

well, the project is certainly on hold, it has been more than 2 years that they started selling this project and the construction has not started yet...very frustating for the purchasers....and they still have at least 3 years before seeing this building completed.

It may be lethargic, but it's quite a stretch to say that it's "on hold." Though perhaps it is...purchasers should probably contact Freed here.

well, the project is certainly on hold, it has been more than 2 years that they started selling this project and the construction has not started yet...very frustating for the purchasers....and they still have at least 3 years before seeing this building completed.

Three years? Given that it takes about two years to complete a typical condo building of this size, is there more of a delay to come?

Staring at the neighbours, whether tenants or owners, is always enjoyable. Staring at bleak waterfront vistas or grey old toronto? Boring 99% of the time.

(Most ppl would be happier if their "view" was one gigantic Windows Vista....:))

I think "most" is a bit of a stretch. Admittedly, we do live in a voyeuristic society but considering that real estate value and popularity in Toronto has historically ALWAYS increased based on a real view as opposed to facing only another building. I don't think you'll ever hear a condo owner in Toronto say "thank god they are blocking my view with a building, my unit's value will increase in value!"

call this number for more info:

416-781-5699

They refer me to

Emily Brandon at Freed sales center (416 360 0600).

Whom I've spoken with multiple times. She continues to claim that construction should begin shortly and prospective tenants will receive mail correspondence from Freed's lawyers informing of the revised occupancy date.

They refer me to

Whom I've spoken with multiple times. She continues to claim that construction should begin shortly and prospective tenants will receive mail correspondence from Freed's lawyers informing of the revised occupancy date.

well then you have answered your own question...

I would expect employees of Freed to have greater insight into projects than those on this forum

I would expect employees of Freed to have greater insight into projects than those on this forum

You'd be surprised MavRK! This forum is full of insiders who tend to be pretty accurate much of the time and know a LOT more than most sales people (they're always the last to know anyway).

well then you have answered your own question...

I don't think it's a question of insight; they are merely reporting the information they have.

Construction was to have started "shortly" for quite a long time now.

Back