Toronto SIX50 King West | ?m | 16s | Freed | Core Architects

So according to the sales agent this deal was what pushed the financing through. They are slated to break ground in about a months time. Another exciting development in the world of Freedland!

^^ I'm curious where did you get the info on when the construction should begin?

^^ I'm curious where did you get the info on when the construction should begin?

If one look at the site a month ago and today, it clear construction is around the corner.

The whole site is boarded up and site is clear to start going down as of May 24.

This is one of many site that will see constuction started in June.

Thanks.

Does anyone have a clue when is the revised expected occupancy date? I presume it is delayed..

Thanks.

Does anyone have a clue when is the revised expected occupancy date? I presume it is delayed..

Most likely late 2011 - early 2012 is what ur looking at....construction should be starting shortly now that the financing is secure.

The salesperson said expected occupancy is spring 2010. Just spoke with Emily Brandon at Freed sales center (416 360 0600). She said that it is within their legal right to extend by up to 24 months. Expected occupancy was revised to fall 2011.
:mad:

^^What they tell you could only be the earliest expected occupancy. It's likely that some people might be moving in during the winter.

the delay on this building has been significant. One has to wonder if there are some issues other than just a tighter financing situation?

They started sales 2 years ago. I don't see this project completed before 2012, maybe spring or summer 2012, unbeleivable!

They started sales 2 years ago. I don't see this project completed before 2012, maybe spring or summer 2012, unbeleivable!

Wow...that is quite unbelievable.

Possibly 5 years and counting! That's getting up to Trump time!!

I was one of the unfortunate people to get a unit there.

1. The push back of completion date by two years is quite upsetting. I was sort of counting on moving in summer 2010. I wonder if it is possible to resell the unit. Has anyone ever heard of reselling a pre-construction unit in a place that is not built yet?

2. Subsequent to the demolition of the sales center I discovered that there is a chimney that can possibly eclipse the view from my unit. I'm not sure it's going to be a big deal but I'm still slightly concerned.

650%20king%20-%20Chimney.jpg

The chimney was not visible before the demolition of the sales center. The chimney does not appear on the mock-up 3d view on the website. I feel somewhat cheated.

six50king.jpg

Is there anything I can do about it?

Yes, you can sell your agreement of purchase and sale and reassign the unit to someone else, however it requires approval from the builder and also you need to pay a fee, I think is $2000 or $2500.

What type of unit did you get there?

I was one of the unfortunate people to get a unit there.

1. The push back of completion date by two years is quite upsetting. I was sort of counting on moving in summer 2010. I wonder if it is possible to resell the unit. Has anyone ever heard of reselling a pre-construction unit in a place that is not built yet?

2. Subsequent to the demolition of the sales center I discovered that there is a chimney that can possibly eclipse the view from my unit. I'm not sure it's going to be a big deal but I'm still slightly concerned.

The chimney was not visible before the demolition of the sales center. The chimney does not appear on the mock-up 3d view on the website. I feel somewhat cheated.

Is there anything I can do about it?

1. sorry to hear about the delay but inevitable and typical of condos from what i've heard these days.
re: selling ... you cannot sell what you don't own; however, you can assign your unit as long as you have the developer's permission.

2. buyer beware! 3D mock-up would be artists rendering ... i'm sure there's a disclaimer among other things.
did you not go to the sales center and walk around the area before purchasing? it's not like the chimney miraculously appeared out of no where.

Airbag - I believe the chimney is coming down. The bad news is an apartment building is going up where the chimney is. You should check the link for 525 Adelaide.

Airbag- regarding cdr108's reply to your chimney issue: if I'm not mistaken the chimney is in the rear section of the lot east of Six50 on King. The 525 Adelaide project is to the north and east of the Six50 site. It is a huge building and if it goes ahead as proposed won't be blocking important views from Six50 but will have serious consequences for privacy. Units on the south side of 525 Adelaide will have a view, if they look SW, directly into the E facing units in the Bathurst building which, at least on the upper levels, would otherwise not have been so exposed.

Yes, you can sell your agreement of purchase and sale and reassign the unit to someone else, however it requires approval from the builder and also you need to pay a fee, I think is $2000 or $2500.

What type of unit did you get there?

There should be something in your agreement of Purchase and Sale regarding the sale of your before you have taken ownership.

There is a fee, which I tried to get waived from the contract at my condo. No dice though haha.

Back