Toronto SIX50 King West | ?m | 16s | Freed | Core Architects

Where's the priority??

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but Freed has already started clearing ground for Fashion House. That really frustrates me because 650 was definitely advertised before Fashion House (and 500 Wellington). Ok, delays happened that pushed back 650 (which sucks big time and is a total inconvenience to those who actually plan their lives in advance), but why are they not allocating resources to 650 to get it back on schedule?? This is getting really annoying..

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this, but Freed has already started clearing ground for Fashion House. That really frustrates me because 650 was definitely advertised before Fashion House (and 500 Wellington). Ok, delays happened that pushed back 650 (which sucks big time and is a total inconvenience to those who actually plan their lives in advance), but why are they not allocating resources to 650 to get it back on schedule?? This is getting really annoying..

Clearing ground does nor mean that the construction is being started. I am pretty sure 650 will start construction sooner than FashionHouse. But I really understand your frustration, I have no idea what is going on with 650, they started sales more than 2 years ago. I don't know if someone in the forum has some information, maybe it's a sales issue or permits or financing...

Clearing ground does nor mean that the construction is being started.

That's for sure. The site for 650 King was cleared more than a year ago, and construction for Fashion House is unlikely to come before next spring. The warehouse behind 570 King still has to be torn down. Given how close it is to the adjacent properties, that job alone will take a month to do.

Daily Commercial News

Good news or bad news :confused:

CONDOMINIUM BUILDING
Proj: 9092277-5
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE
Six50 King West, 650 King St, Bathurst St, M5V 1M7
$30,000,000 est

Start: February, 2010

Complete: June, 2011

Note: Sales and marketing are ongoing. Construction is on hold pending occupancy. Construction Manager for the project has changed. Invited Sub trade tender schedules will be finalized early 2010 pending sales. Furher update January, 2010.

Project: concrete foundation, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, Individually controlled HVAC systems; various interior finishes; Floor-to-ceiling glass windows with panoramic views; Structured high-speed Internet wiring/access; proposed construction of a condominium apartment complex. The complex will consist of two buildings in an L-shape, linked at grade by a courtyard with water feature. The Bathurst St building will have 116 units and will be 16 storeys, the King St building will have 113 units and will be 10 storeys. Owner will seek certification within the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system.

Scope: 300,000 square feet; 16 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 2 structures; 229 units

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Recreational bldgs

First report Wed Nov 12, 2008. Last report Thu May 14, 2009.
This report Tue Oct 06, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=6eee6f0ad6a15c1db8b2e281cba74da52af2009d&projectid=9092277&region=ontario

Construction is on hold pending occupancy.

So...they can't construct the building until it's occupied? DCN should be banned until they clean up their act.

"Invited Sub trade tender schedules will be finalized early 2010 pending sales. Further update January, 2010".

Pending sales???

delayed

I received a notice today from the developer that the new "tenative closing date" is delayed to Jan. 15, 2012, which is 2 years late. did anyone else get this sent to them?

I received a notice today from the developer that the new "tenative closing date" is delayed to Jan. 15, 2012, which is 2 years late. did anyone else get this sent to them?

That sounds about right. 550 Wellington was supposed to be ready August 2008 and now it looks like I'll be in by March 2010.

Seems strange that no one else has posting anything about the delay notice that was sent out with respect to 650 king west, except for one person that is, who bought into 550 wellinginton....am i the only person that received this notice?????

I got the same notice. Very upsetting. I was counting on 1/2 a year delay at most. Looked into the contract - It seems like they do have the legal right to delay by 24 months at most without any penalty.

Back