News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 638     0 

Toronto shootings

Back to the video, because it's a good case study...

In a two-parent family, neighbourhoods & extended two parent families it's unlikely 18 year-olds would get the green light to produce these videos. Fathers would discourage videos that talk about 'b***** with their head in my lap' and the gunplay.

It's not like these kids are bad, they're 18 year old idiots (like all 18 year-olds) and no-one is there to give them perspective.
...and there's this by a 17-year-old boy:

...and there's this by a 17-year-old boy:

Not related to this thread at all, but in a recent CFL game a player help eliminate the threat to their safety by assisting in taking the person down.

It was nice to see that if someone breaks into your workplace that a colleague would help protect coworkers.

Not related to this thread at all, but in a recent CFL game a player help eliminate the threat to their safety by assisting in taking the person down.

Threat to their safety? Oooooook. I best put my helmet on the next time I step out of my flat to throw out the rubbish.

It was nice to see that if someone breaks into your workplace that a colleague would help protect coworkers.

There is no threat to their safety, bad example you could definetly find better examples

Aside from the stray bullets, this seems like it's a self correcting problem.

Gang on gang violence - good - let the problem sort itself out. The last summer of the gun ensured 13 years of relative peace.

Aside from the stray bullets, this seems like it's a self correcting problem.

Gang on gang violence - good - let the problem sort itself out. The last summer of the gun ensured 13 years of relative peace.
I agree for the most part, as long as there aren’t Jane Crebas or collateral playground kids.

Check out this guy, https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ootage-of-suspect-in-north-york-shooting.html As brazen and nonchalant as me going to get the milk.

But if we don’t want to live like this forever, we need to determine the cause and address it. Maybe start with free contraception today for those likely to conceive the gangsters of the 2030s?

I agree for the most part, as long as there aren’t Jane Crebas or collateral playground kids.

Check out this guy, https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...ootage-of-suspect-in-north-york-shooting.html As brazen and nonchalant as me going to get the milk.

But if we don’t want to live like this forever, we need to determine the cause and address it. Maybe start with free contraception today for those likely to conceive the gangsters of the 2030s?

That guy was at least legit. Used a cash transaction borrowed vehicle, hit his target successfully, and carried out the hit at a very smart time of day.

Unfortunately, we have a lot of wannabe hit men in our midst and so the Crebas, Danzigs, and playgrounds will continue.

So, as you say, we need to attempt a solution to the causes.

As for the free contraception....it should be free anyway.....the problem is that some of the most prolific child-bearers are some of the people who should never be having kids. They aren't likely to take to free contraception en masse. Of course, targeted sterilisation is a road we don't even want to contemplate.
So, we have to do better by the kids whose parents should never have brought them about.

That guy was at least legit. Used a cash transaction borrowed vehicle, hit his target successfully, and carried out the hit at a very smart time of day
Yes, but the target was apparently not known to police, and could well have been an innocent, or even worse, someone trying to be a positive influence against gang culture, and thus representing a threat to be removed.

Yes, but the target was apparently not known to police, and could well have been an innocent, or even worse, someone trying to be a positive influence against gang culture, and thus representing a threat to be removed.

That's a legit assumption. Yup, it's a bit of a mess.

Back