News   May 09, 2024
 706     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 511     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 867     1 

Toronto shootings

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...eo-of-racial-confrontation-at-waterfront.html

Here are we

You did post false information. Exactly the opposite to be precise.

I see you are only removing my posts, so much for being the moderators.

Not sure how you can moderate, if you are so partisan.

First off, I have only changed the font size (from bolded - size 6) of your post - I haven't removed any content; second, you shouldn't need someone to mod your post to change an inappropriate font size that is tantamount to shouting in the first place - it's basic forum etiquette:

Yelling (YELLING) is not allowed.
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/urban-toronto-rules-of-conduct.7113/

What posts you have made that are deleted are deleted by your own volition, presumably over the volatility of content therein and the impression you'd make on other forum members, or that you didn't read things carefully enough and had to retract a statement?

I have only posted news articles by mainstream sources, if you want to call it "false", take it up with said sources. And I don't believe I require your input to perform a task that I have been doing for awhile now, thank you very much. I most certainly don't think you are in any position to ask me to delete my account just because you got bloodied in a debate.

chicu1981 said: Fake news. Now pls delete you account Mr. progressive.

MoD

Last edited:
What about SteveinToronto ?
Did you throw the policy book at him as well? Did you moderate his content?

I don’t have a problem with you moderating content.

I have a problem with you taking a side and then acting as a moderator.

I have problem with you moderating only one side of the content.

I also posted content from a so called “mainstream” website.

But if power tripping on this forum gives you a high which you don’t get elsewhere in life ( trials of life et al) , I guess that’s make it ok?

First off, I have only changed the font size of your post - I haven't removed any content, first off; second, you shouldn't need someone to mod your post to change an inappropriate font size that is tantamount to shouting in the first place - it's basic forum etiquette:

Yelling (YELLING) is not allowed.
https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/urban-toronto-rules-of-conduct.7113/

What posts you have made that are deleted are deleted by your own volition, presumably over the volatility of content therein and the impression you'd make on other forum members?

I have only posted news articles by mainstream sources, if you want to call it "false", take it up with said sources. And I don't believe I require your input to perform a task that I have been doing for awhile now, thank you very much.

MoD

I am done talking with the progressives here.

Aw, don't leave. I just got unbanned and haven't been able to chime in yet. I'm not even a "progressive" so you might even listen.
In fact, I own a gun myself. The old bang, bang, dinner sort.

Actually, you might not like me either. I also think hand guns are pointless and should be banned. Target shooting is way more fun with rifles. Hunting with a hand gun is a waste of time. If you need to inflict maximum damage in a short period of time the you want a shotgun, not a handgun.
Man, forget hand guns. Get a rifle.

Actually, speaking of target shooting.....have you ever tried that with an assault rifle? Pffft, hand guns are for chumps.

Also, lol at telling a moderator to delete their own account. Is that hand gun logic?

Ahhh! I'd tried to @MTown yesterday, and it wouldn't link.

Did you forget to take your shoes off before urinating on the carpet?

Could be.

I actually have no idea. It hasn't been explained to me yet.

Speaking of shoes and pissing on carpets. One of my good friends has now twice come into another friend's place off his nut in the wee hours and pissed in the resident friend's shoes. Never fails to amuse....well, me, anyway...my shoes are always fine.

Anyway, I'm sort of trying to keep a low profile until I figure out "what did I do now?"

All I got was a message telling me to follow UT language rules. So I'm guessing something to do with my vernacular.

I wonder if that tit doug got banned after calling me a "little incel" in the Sherbourne thread. As if, I'm a ladies man...just wise enough to stay away from the ladies.

Edit:
I think I found it: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/police-did-a-strange-thing.28764/#post-1358162

You can imagine that "screwing" isn't my word for it.

Not sure why that specific post and not my countless others but then I ain't in the boss, I just work here.

Last edited:
This thread has become such a dump!
"Ammunition Dump?"

But now you're back, I'd like to discuss this, as it's a very valid point:
Did he actually suffer from mental health issues or is this the new "get yourself out of trouble" card to play? Serious question because some of the people who do these things know full well what they are. doing

It's a tricky subject, and this is being discussed in a number of circles. My answer would be *yes* ('they' are culpable, with caveats). And they should be tried, and where the evidence indicates, found guilty. The argument of 'weight' of guilt can then come in the sentencing, or the manner of incarceration/punishment/remediation.

There's a very serious issue in using 'insanity' as a defence. At what point is it...to quote Juan, a "get out of jail free" card?

Are terrorists “insane”? A critical analysis of mental health categories ...
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17539153.2014.902695?src=recsys
Lone terrorists' trials very often include long discussions on the mental health of .... For example, family-planning killer, John Salvi, raised an insanity defence ...
The Insanity Defense | Psychology Today
https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/almost-psychopath/.../the-insanity-defense
There are times when the insanity defense, with all the controversy that ... about terrorists and religion, was found not guilty by reason of insanity on July 3, 2012.
Terrorism, Autism and Mental Illness in the UK Prevent Strategy ...
https://discoversociety.org/.../terrorism-autism-and-mental-illness-in-the-uk-prevent-st...
Jun 5, 2018 - The intersection of criminal justice and mental capacity has a long history, one which frequently touches upon terrorism. The 'insanity defence' ...
The Line Between Terrorism and Mental Illness | The New Yorker
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/line-terrorism-mental-illness
Oct 25, 2014 - According to Dr. Thomas Hegghammer, the director of terrorism research at the Norwegian Defence Research Establishment, Zehaf-Bibeau fits ...
Accused Terrorist to Use Insanity Defense :: The Investigative Project ...
https://www.investigativeproject.org/3280/accused-terrorist-to-use-insanity-defense
Nov 10, 2011 - Defense attorneys for a Saudi Arabian student arrested in February for plotting attacks against dams, nuclear plants, and the Dallas residence ...
[...]
- : Google results for "terrorists insanity defence".

My search parameters are slightly off by using "terrorists" but the relevance is intact for mass shooters.

Last edited:
Aw, don't leave. I just got unbanned and haven't been able to chime in yet. I'm not even a "progressive" so you might even listen.
In fact, I own a gun myself. The old bang, bang, dinner sort.

Actually, you might not like me either. I also think hand guns are pointless and should be banned. Target shooting is way more fun with rifles. Hunting with a hand gun is a waste of time. If you need to inflict maximum damage in a short period of time the you want a shotgun, not a handgun.
Man, forget hand guns. Get a rifle.

Actually, speaking of target shooting.....have you ever tried that with an assault rifle? Pffft, hand guns are for chumps.

Also, lol at telling a moderator to delete their own account. Is that hand gun logic?

Who hunts with a handgun? That’s illegal. Just shows that you are lying.

I have not tried assault rifle because they are banned in Canada, but I do have a few different AR-15s, X-95, M-14 etc

I don’t do bolt actions, only self loading autos. Bolts are for sissies.

Shotguns, puhhhbleeeeasessseee. That just spray and pray. I don’t see the skill in that. It only looks cool in the movies with special effects.

Btw if you do see someone getting shot by a shot gun and flying across the room, that’s fake. According to Newton 3rd Law, shooter should fly in the other direction too.

I did tell moderator to delete his account because he was caught peddling fake news.

Who hunts with a handgun? That’s illegal. Just shows that you are lying.
Hahahaaa.....you're funny....inadvertently, but still.
Lying? Nah, I was just using that as an example to show the limited functionality of hand guns.

I have not tried assault rifle because they are banned in Canada, but I do have a few different AR-15s, X-95, M-14 etc
Ok, ok, so at least you know about real target shooting.

I don’t do bolt actions, only self loading autos. Bolts are for sissies.

Lol, wut. You're going to have to explain why "bolts are for sissies". This is some next level misappropriated testosterone right here.

Shotguns, puhhhbleeeeasessseee. That just spray and pray. I don’t see the skill in that. It only looks cool in the movies with special effects.

I didn't say anything about skill. I only mentioned maximum damage, quick...obviously at close range.

I did tell moderator to delete his account because he was caught peddling fake news.

Two things:

1. Moderators aren't going to take notes on how to run the place, nor how to conduct themselves from any of us.

2."Fake news" is a nonsensical term. It's a bit intellectually haggard to be using it. Give it a rest.

Yorkdale Mall: Toronto police respond to shots fired at shopping centre
https://www.yahoo.com/news/yorkdale-mall-toronto-police-respond-194900633.html

IMO, the government and police need a new strategy here. The public knows, the media knows, and the police and government know who’s doing the shooting.

We can’t keep tiptoeing around black-on-black violence
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...round-black-on-black-violence/article8907404/
It is hard to to admit that the city that calls diversity its strength is failing at least one important group. "At no point did the government say, 'We have to tackle this problem in Toronto and the GTA of African-Canadian youth killing each other," said Knia Singh, of the African Canadian Coalition of Community Organizations. "People were scared to say it was a black problem before, but we want it to be identified as such because it is."

Last edited:
Part of the problem is the gangsters don't see themselves we see them. They see themselves as macho, dangerous, compelling characters. Its not surprising since those very sorts are romanticized in movies and video games.
The public sees them as insecure, under-wear showing, under-sized, skinny , low IQ impulsive cowards out to ruin everything good everywhere.

My personal anger towards them stems from the fact most people use them to disparage the broader black community who are 99% decent. The enablers are their apologists, BLM etc.

Back