Toronto Sherbourne Common, Canada's Sugar Beach, and the Water's Edge Promenade | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto | Teeple Architects

NL:

They are temporary - even the WT backgrounder stated that the West 8 light standard will be used.

Big grassy hill - temporary landscaping for Parcel 1 - a development site.

AoD

Temporary till when ?

taal:

No idea, though I do know the contract for the light standards has already been awarded back in Feb:

February 2010•RFT #2009-59: Bulk Purchase of Signature Lighting - HD Supply Utilities (Colborne, Ontario)

AoD

The umbrellas look like they're already faded. Or maybe they went for a colour that wouldn't fade because they already look pre-faded? LOL.

I like the trees there. I'm sure they'll look awesome when they get bigger.

Trees!!

Just noticed from the GO Train that trees are going in at Sherbourne Common...
Quite a few too! :)

They have been going in for quite some time. Some of which will be lit. Some of the concrete wood finished benches will have LED strip lighting as well. This park is going to be awesome.

sc1.jpg

Excellent. Getting excited about Sherbourne Common now, considering how well Sugar Beach has turned out. Can't wait to see this park finished with the water flowing. With the announcement today regarding the community planned just to the east, things are really starting to come together.

Took a peek yesterday ... very impressed - it really stands out from HTO park ... in some ways I wish this was built in HTO's location as it's a little more prominent ... maybe not for long ;)

There was very little in the way of garbage, and I took a thorough look through - implying members are overly anal (quite possible) :) or they cleaned it up.

The benches (wooden ones - both along the waterfront and the park) are, I don't think this word but, amazing - it'll be interesting to see how they hold up to the elements though.

The paving is really what sets this part ... the maple leaf! Why could MLSE do something along these lines - rare is it when a public (funded) development turns out a lot nicer then something private.

Unfortunately the water feature was off so no comment there.

I think this is a really good sign and indicates the quality we can expect throughout.

Last edited:
Very cool! I can't wait to pay a visit...I guess it will have to be next summer.

Berlin is obsessed with beach bars. It's a bit random since they've got all of about 10 nights a year where it's warm enough to comfortably sit outside. I'd love to see something like that in Toronto, though I fear it would be too commercial and (gasp!) licensed for Toronto.

How can she reach a conclusion the design is uninspired (this is regarding the east bayfront) when we have absolutely no idea what any of the buildings will look like.

and damn, no water again today! Is it only on before 6pm or so?

I've been to Sugar Beach 3 times in the last week and I have still not seen the water turned on, even during the day. Why would they turn it on and off, even on the really hot days? It makes no sense,

Back