Toronto Ryerson Student Learning Centre | 50.59m | 8s | Ryerson University | Zeidler

Pics taken Nov 10, 2012

aRFO5.jpg

lxmuJ.jpg

Thanks for the updates Red Mars!!! I wonder how deep they will excavate this site... I imagine it won't need to be very deep

Hi sMT
They are including retail at street level and below grade.
It would be convenient for many if this building got connected to the "Path network" seeing that they are so close to the Dundas/AMC building. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Last edited:
Hi sMT
They are including retail at street level and below grade.
It would be convenient for many if this building got connected to the "Path network" seeing that they are so close to the Dundas/AMC building. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Does anyone know if a future north entrance to Dundas Station was incorporated into this design? Or are we going to have to rely on whatever gets built on the SE corner of Yonge & Gould in order to provide that?

It was deemed too expensive by Ryerson to add an entrance to the station here. We will have to wait for what comes on the southeast corner. There is also the Atrium on Bay's expansion plans which beg the question as to whether it may someday better connect via a second entrance, and/or what redevelopment may someday come for the World's Biggest Bookstore and adjacent properties on Yonge.

It was deemed too expensive by Ryerson to add an entrance to the station here. We will have to wait for what comes on the southeast corner. There is also the Atrium on Bay's expansion plans which beg the question as to whether it may someday better connect via a second entrance, and/or what redevelopment may someday come for the World's Biggest Bookstore and adjacent properties on Yonge.

Very true. A station entrance right onto Gould St would provide a great gateway for Ryerson, not to mention be convenient for that entire stretch of Yonge.

I wonder if the TTC is hoping for a large-scale project to come along in the hopes that they can get the developer to pay for a lot of the cost of a 2nd entrance. I'm thinking a major office or condo development on the World's Biggest Bookstore site, like you had mentioned. That way, everybody wins.

In the park directly south of the Ryerson ARC building, a mock-up of the Student Learning Centre's glazing is being constructed. Just a heads-up! :)

I thought I had read somewhere that the current entrance on Dundas on the west side of Yonge was going to be closed, and the new entrance opened in AoB.

I thought I had read somewhere that the current entrance on Dundas on the west side of Yonge was going to be closed, and the new entrance opened in AoB.

^ I heard the same thing. The only outdoor subway entrance at that intersection will be the one under the canopy at Dundas Square. It makes sense to do this. Yonge & Dundas sidewalks could use all the extra room they can get. That exit is in a really bad location.

Any status on the AoB project ? Because that can only happen if it goes ahead .. would be nice though to extend sidewalk.

The Dundas Street sidewalk entrance to the subway station will be incorporated into the planned redevelopment of 302 Yonge, currently housing XXI. That has nothing to do however with a new north entrance to the subway station.

Weird. I heard some very detailed accounts about the plans for Atrium on Bay but I was explicitly told that Forever XXI is a separate property than AoB (as well as GUESS) and that it's not included in the redevelopment. I figured the subway entrance on the northwest corner of Y+D would just be moved inside the AoB.

XXI and Guess is a separate property from the AoB, and plans are being cooked up for it.

Back