Toronto Royal Ontario Museum | ?m | ?s | Daniel Libeskind

None of which addresses the fact that the spaces inside are terrible for showing artifacts. I predict Mr. Thorsell's failed attempt at showmanship will last even less time than the Queen Elizabeth II galleries Liebeskind's crystal replaced.

This, 100%. It's an interesting and eye-catching building, but an awful museum which forces strange layouts and collects dust like a fiend.

Back when they were pushing the idea of the Crystal expansion, the housekeeping and maintenance staff warned the board that the museum's new design would be a disaster for them to care for, but of course, flashiness was chosen over quality architecture.

The landscaping will be an improvement along Bloor, but it should have already been like that to begin with. The rest of the museum continues to be a disappointing experience.

Actually I thought that's an interesting movie - certainly draws attention to the corner.

AoD

Let's put one in Maple Leaf Square while we're at it! Go Raps!

The trees would be a nice addition to the area. Toronto just does not have enough decent landscaping (and trees) at street level.

I thought they're going for the bird of prey look instead going forward.

AoD

It hasn't been 100% confirmed, but it is pretty likely. I get my facts right from the source: NBA 2K15 for XBox One...

I am more concerned about the issues in getting that thing to stand upright on one leg like that without some type of hideous support system

Awesome!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• rom-171.jpg
    rom-171.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 1,193
  • rom-3.jpg
    rom-3.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 8,462
  • rom-16.jpg
    rom-16.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 1,135
  • rom-2.jpg
    rom-2.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 1,186
  • rom-4.jpg
    rom-4.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 1,087
  • rom-5.jpg
    rom-5.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 1,040
I believe this was just speculation. Nothing has been confirmed either way.

It is more than just speculation, but we should probably make a new thread for that!

Back