Toronto Roncesvalles Lofts | ?m | 6s | Triumph | David Peterson

15 June 2009 photo update:

dsc01854.jpg

dsc01858.jpg

Occupancy for this building has been pushed back to November and judging by the pics + lack of progress I would say thats extremely optimistic

There was a bit of news on the radio 1 this morning about the developer going to the OMB over an additional floor added. I only caught a little bit of it.

It looks like there is an OMB hearing about it today.

There was a bit of news on the radio 1 this morning about the developer going to the OMB over an additional floor added. I only caught a little bit of it.

It looks like there is an OMB hearing about it today.

Residents cry foul after condo tries to add extra floor without permission

The city has slapped a partial stop work order on a condominium project in Toronto's west end after the developer added another floor without telling anyone.

Residents of Ritchie Avenue, a small street on a triangle of land where Dundas Street West and Roncesvalles Avenue meet, are feeling crowded out.

Only a handful of houses are left on the street, most dating back to the late 1800s. Gas stations, garages and condo projects hem them in on almost all sides.

Jerry Lebrun has lived on the street for 35 years. He and many others on the street had concerns, not just over the height changes made to the Roncesvalles Lofts, but the lack of permit parking and congestion they say will overwhelm the street.

OMB to hear application
Triumph Developments, the builder of the lofts project, is going before the Ontario Municipal Board seeking permission to increase the buildings' height, as well as other changes.

Lebrun says the developers could have saved everyone a trip to the OMB by consulting with the community about the changes first.

Lebrun says the builder was wrong to increase the height of the project without consulting the community.

"If you have an agreement with somebody, let's stick to your agreement, or you should have come with a different agreement. You should have come with a different plan and we could have talked it out then," he said.

Another neighbour, Donna Groot, says the changes to the neighbourhood are having a claustrophobic effect.

"It's like the sky is gone," she said.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2009/06/23/roncesvalles-condo.html

So what would happen if the OMB declined thier 6th floor request seeing as it has already been built??
Does anyone know how OMB ruled?

As much as I'd support adding a floor, I cannot believe the gall they had to build it without permission.

I have some insider information which I'm unable to share, but I can confirm that the way the paper reported this is not really how it went down.

June 26

One only have to look accoss the street to see a building that higher than this one. This can be seen in the following photo's

One has to question who was awake in the city to allow this to happen if it is true. Surely an site inspector would have raise red flags.

Anyway, a few more floor would help this building.

IMG_june-26-09-0003.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0004.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0006.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0009.jpg

IMG_june-26-09-0010.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0011.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0012.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0013.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0014.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0015.JPG

IMG_june-26-09-0016.JPG

Back