Toronto Roncesvalles Lofts | ?m | 6s | Triumph | David Peterson

27 January 2009 photo update

Looks like a wee bit of progress (I stuck my camera/head inside the fence the other night, but photos turned out like poo....)

Today, slightly better luck from the streetcar:

DSC01513.jpg

Taking way to long.If i had invested in this project i would be worrying right about now.Yet another building that had to go through the torture chamber by the locals before it was approved.

well, my wife's best friend bought one of these units last October (i believe it was one of the last two available)

Occupancy is scheduled for August 2009, but one of the issues is that they are trying to get city approval to add another floor on the building.

Very nice looking project, but this delay is ridiculous for such a small building

who?

Please tell me Automatic Curmudgeon who is trying to stop this project? Is it the same commies that put fluoride in our water system? You should get that checked out.

Thanx for the pics urbandreamer nicely done. The issues the residence have in this community are the parking availability on Ritchie Ave. From what I've heard from the Factory Feather Lofts meeting is that both sites don't offer parking. Please someone confirm that the Roncesvalles Lofts site does not offer parking even though the pics provided by Urbandreamer prove otherwise.

January C of A

To alter the five-storey 37 unit residential building (under construction) to permit a six-storey 57 live/work unit
building. The five-storey building was approved in Committee of Adjustment Decision Number A0353/06TEY
and OMB order 3223.

The minimum required number of on site parking space is 57.
In this case, 44 on site parking spaces will be provided.

Jan commitee of adjustment

Just a few more than 0 parking spaces.

Please tell me Automatic Curmudgeon who is trying to stop this project? Is it the same commies that put fluoride in our water system? You should get that checked out.

I did not say that anyone is trying to stop this project unless you and the area taxpayers have that in mind.What i said was just like any other development that gets proposed in that area the same couple of dozen area residents put it under the microscope before approval.We have simillar groups down in South Parkdale that were trying to stop the BMO Stadium from being build,those same people blocked the construction of a proposed Skateboard Park for the CNE.But again these same people did nothing to stop the demolishion of an area heritage art deco apt building in order to build a government assisted housing low-rise.I dont dislike these people i just think there are better ways that they can be using there energy at than making life a misery for everyone.
By the way i did not know that commies can afford fluoride.

April 24

This building is not taking long to build considering it all steel in the first place. No underground parking.

IMG_april-24-09-0017.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0018.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0022.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0023.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0026.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0027.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0029.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0031.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0032.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0033.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0034.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0036.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0038.jpg

IMG_april-24-09-0039.jpg

The firm I'm working for is doing the engineering on this project and I have just received word that this is going to the OMB for 6s. It is currently 5s (visible in dreamer's courtyard shot) so this is a one-story increase. Apparently the gas station which occupied the site before contaminated the land so much that an additional story is needed to recoup the costs of cleansing the soil.

I think there is underground parking - one level perhaps? I did see them dig down for it. Maybe access is around the back from the small lane that leads off Howard Park?

I know they are pushing through for another storey for sure - some residents in High Park Lofts with East exposures are among the concerned parties who are objecting. I thought they were slowing down work and dragging it out until they could get the permission - but in the last two weeks they've really pushed ahead.

I know the initial permission was refused but they've appealed...

Hope they get the height increase. Why?

Walking around the area, you get the sense stuff like this is badly needed. Also, High Park Loft residents should be blessed: they get to stare at an attractive building, unlike the Roncevalles Loft people that will be looking at Stinson's nightmare on Roncevalles.

Did High Park Lofts block any light/views? Yep.

Did High Park Lofts block any light/views? Yep.

That's actually a good point (and can be applied to a lot of buildings I'll bet). I wonder how the whiny HP Lofts residents would respond to what you've said. Perhaps someone should ask them, and record the responses for our comic relief.

Back