Toronto Riverside Square | 64.6m | 20s | Streetcar | RAW Design

Yes, Rosie seems only dimly aware of what she's writing. And Margaret Wente has a proven formula - smugly attack conventional wisdom on any random issue - and doesn't seem to care whether she is correct or not or whether she has all the facts. Christie Blatchford is a bit more interesting - some of the stuff she writes is appalling, but I have a grudging respect for some aspects of what she does. There is a really good an excellent interview of her by Jesse Brown in one of the Canadaland podcasts from late last year - Brown is quite hard on her, and on some of the sh*t she's written in the last year, and he's quite frank in the podcast prologue that some people may find the interview not entirely satisfying - but despite how infuriating she can be, there is a certain logic and viewpoint to what she's saying. It might often be appalling, but it's an entirely different class of issue compared to the tripe that people like Levy, McParland and diManno write. And Blatchford is often willing to face her critics - someone like Levy just hides behind smartass tweets and childish insults.

To be fair to all columnists, part of the gig is to draw attention with bold statements, hyperbole, contrary opinions. It's what they're paid to do - refrain from being boring. Political ideology is irrelevant; they're supposed to be grabbing eyeballs. Some are just more nuanced and skilled at it.

At this point, I really could care less.

J T CUNNINGHAM

"You mean you couldn't care less!"
Lenser.

It's really very simple: Today I care less than yesterday, whereas if I "couldn't care less" yesterday, I couldn't careless today.
My original post was not as careless as you supposed, as it gave and
continues to allow, the option of caring less within
the future.

J T

I think we all ought to be grateful for that bit of clarification, JT. But it still sounds like you are, in the main, vastly disinterested.

March 27
This site will house at least 5 towers, not one.

Remember years ago, I got shots of the rear while shooting 100 Broadview site. Part of the rear was a storage area for the car dealership that currently seeing shoring.

More up on site
26132105895_7f87a5e264_h.jpg

26132132935_51e4c8a06f_h.jpg

25527379174_e606c5d8d5_h.jpg

26065804791_4873134c29_h.jpg

25859307850_995dd5ddb7_h.jpg

25527429394_caeae9af2f_h.jpg

25859357770_19ee6d7f6e_h.jpg

26132199705_8b468077cf_h.jpg

Some shots from Saturday.
RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16A.png
RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16B.png
RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16C.png
RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16D.png

Attachments

• RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16A.png
    RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16A.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,815
  • RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16B.png
    RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16B.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,813
  • RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16C.png
    RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16C.png
    974.5 KB · Views: 1,837
  • RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16D.png
    RiversideConstruction-Apr2-16D.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,847
While the construction phase is going to be long and painful, the people who bought condos in the buildings along Broadview should be commended for their long-term thinking (or luck). Between Riverside Square, the cleaning of the hotel, the new park and YMCA across the river, and soon the employment hub, those hard lofts are going to be million-dollar sellers in the midst of a new city, someday.

I saw SAL's article in my Twitter feed, and originally thought they had changed the plan for Queen and the T-R site. Once it finally became clear to me that the car dealerships will be against the DVP, it was like: "What's the fuss again?"

This is where the gondola guys should put their their third project (after Evergreen and Cherry Beach to the Islands). From the transport hub across the Don to the Distillery District, maybe with an interim stop at the park. Views of downtown from on high, then views of the DD structures as you come down. Get on it, lads!

While the construction phase is going to be long and painful, the people who bought condos in the buildings along Broadview should be commended for their long-term thinking (or luck). Between Riverside Square, the cleaning of the hotel, the new park and YMCA across the river, and soon the employment hub, those hard lofts are going to be million-dollar sellers in the midst of a new city, someday.

Let's not forget the possible subway stop if they can wait that long.

Back