Toronto Riverside Square | 64.6m | 20s | Streetcar | RAW Design

Now that you can see inside, the units, it seems too small for a Whole Foods or similar store. I suspect there will be yet another Shoppers Drug Mart.

I know the ft2, it can support a full-line supermarket, it won't be a Costco, but its bigger than many urban stores.

One of the great mysteries of this city is how a company called 'Streetcar' can be totally incapable of building anything that isn't either actively or passively hostile at street level.

rss-004.jpg

Somehow, in a generally bad development, they found a way to be worse. This is the FRONT DOOR. On Queen Street.

rss-003.jpg

If you hate life so much, why don't you get a job where you're not inflicting it on the world?

rss-005.jpg

rss-006.jpg

I don't mind the overall feel to this place. However I do agree that the 'front' entrance looks more like a side entry point.
No celebration of arrival or any protection from the elements.

One of the great mysteries of this city is how a company called 'Streetcar' can be totally incapable of building anything that isn't either actively or passively hostile at street level.

Somehow, in a generally bad development, they found a way to be worse. This is the FRONT DOOR. On Queen Street.

If you hate life so much, why don't you get a job where you're not inflicting it on the world?
A little dramatic. The way this meets the street is actually pretty good. Widened sidewalk looks nice too

A little dramatic. The way this meets the street is actually pretty good. Widened sidewalk looks nice too

I don't know......

I think @flonicky had some pretty well evidenced points.

Prominent Spandrel at-grade. (if it can't be window then use brick, bring it back to Queen Street)

Prominent ventilation at-grade (venting is necessary, it does not need to be given this kind of prominence at-grade)

Additional 'Blank wall' lacking any particular charm.

Sure, we've seen worse, but this really is not very good.

Back