Toronto Riverside Square | 64.6m | 20s | Streetcar | RAW Design

is there a project forum for this new neighbouring application by Streetcar? https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-toronto/2022/09/641-queen-street-east-toronto/

Yup.

Right here:

E36CA817-1A7C-4E8C-A7EF-E3D161CC5459.jpeg

Photos taken February 8th, 2023:

DSC00762.JPG

DSC00764.JPG

DSC00765.JPG

DSC00766.JPG

DSC00767.JPG

DSC00768.JPG

DSC00769.JPG

This really has turned out to be fairly disappointing thus far. The investment on the cladding and glazing just isn't there; between that and the hardscaped, dull-as-dishwater 'park' facing Queen, what a complete miss on its potential.

Hopefully they still have a supermarket lined up as a tenant, that and a bit of heritage restoration, and maybe some streetscape work being the only real redemption here.

Last edited:
Photos taken February 8th, 2023:

View attachment 455136

View attachment 455135

View attachment 455134

View attachment 455133

View attachment 455132

View attachment 455131

View attachment 455130

This really has turned out to be fairly disappointing thus far. The investment on the cladding and glazing just isn't there; between that and the hardscaped, dull-as-dishwater 'park' facing Queen, what a complete miss on its potential.

Hopefully they still have a supermarket lined up as a tenant, that and a bit of heritage restoration, and maybe some streetscape work being the only real redemption here.
Indeed, the 'park' is quite the most pathetic thing I have ever seen that calls itself 'a park'. It is apparently called "Riverside Common"

This from Google:
1675962945705.png

This is from a supplier of the 'tiles" https://hydropavers.ca/projects/riverside-park/

Indeed, the 'park' is quite the most pathetic thing I have ever seen that calls itself 'a park'. It is apparently called "Riverside Common"

This from Google:
View attachment 455160

This is from a supplier of the 'tiles" https://hydropavers.ca/projects/riverside-park/
It's a square, hence riverside square. They actually had some decent programming last summer. There were markets and some live music nights. If they keep it active it can be a great space.

It's a square, hence riverside square. They actually had some decent programming last summer. There were markets and some live music nights. If they keep it active it can be a great space.
Yes, when there is programing it's fine but most of the time there is nothing and it's a huge empty and rather ugly paved area. They REALLY could have done MUCH better!

Yes, when there is programing it's fine but most of the time there is nothing and it's a huge empty and rather ugly paved area. They REALLY could have done MUCH better!
A fountain would fit quite nicely there, I should think.

Streetcar Developments are famous for sound transmission issues between units. These pictures seem to confirm that for me.
I live in one of the Riverside Square buildings, and I'm actually quite happy about how little we hear of our neighbors. In the hallway, I can hear music and voices from the units, but when I'm in our apartment I hardly ever hear anything. I generally really like living here, the unit layouts are miles better than in other developments, the balconies are large, and the gym and rooftop pool are great.
The one thing they could have done much better is Riverside Common. It's nice to have the Sunday markets, but 95% of the time it's just an empty concrete square. So much lost potential there...

Back