Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

I really like the black of the buildings and the designs are innovative and will create a pedestrian friendly environment.

Looking at those pictures makes me really wish the builder went upscale with this building. The exterior is beautiful and very high end looking. Unfortunately the inside doesn't live up to the outside. Still, they did a great job with the exterior.

Urban Capital has been having trouble getting this complex completed. Complicated work due to the design that has discouraged builders from bidding on the project.

Yes they are really struggling with the exteriors on RC2, and I understand it was the same story with RC1. They are moving at an absolute snail's pace. The interiors appear to be complete on the lower levels.

As far as wear and tear, judging by RC1 and the black panels, they seem to be holding up just fine. However it will be interesting to revisit in 5, 10, 25 years.

Yes they are really struggling with the exteriors on RC2, and I understand it was the same story with RC1. They are moving at an absolute snail's pace. The interiors appear to be complete on the lower levels.

As far as wear and tear, judging by RC1 and the black panels, they seem to be holding up just fine. However it will be interesting to revisit in 5, 10, 25 years.

I don't want to sound disrespectful to our hardworking builders, and perhaps my general lack of knowledge may hinder my understanding, but equally and far more complex designs and cladding systems get completed all over the world. Why would we have so much trouble with it? Perhaps it's difficulty adapting away from the status quo, seeing as the bulk of new projects in Toronto are very safe copy+paste designs, with basic cladding. I love RC1 and 2, so I don't mean to diminish the architecture, but I have trouble seeing what could possibly so advanced as far as exterior installation goes.

I don't want to sound disrespectful to our hardworking builders, and perhaps my general lack of knowledge may hinder my understanding, but equally and far more complex designs and cladding systems get completed all over the world. Why would we have so much trouble with it? Perhaps it's difficulty adapting away from the status quo, seeing as the bulk of new projects in Toronto are very safe copy+paste designs, with basic cladding. I love RC1 and 2, so I don't mean to diminish the architecture, but I have trouble seeing what could possibly so advanced as far as exterior installation goes.

I'm assuming it has to do with $. The budget is not big enough for the work required? Just a guess.

Absolutely!

You all know that we have been very vocal about being screwed-over by Urban Capital. Yes, the exteriors are very cool. The interiors, and pretty much everything else dealing with UC however, has been horrendous.

Passing off responsibility to the hard-working unit owners saying, well, that it's our fault and "buyer beware" is not appreciated. But since few people want to hear the truth, we are vocal on here. If anyone can honestly state how this is a quality project worthy of us spending our hard-earned incomes on, please advise because we are at a loss and can only compliment the exterior.

Absolutely!

You all know that we have been very vocal about being screwed-over by Urban Capital. Yes, the exteriors are very cool. The interiors, and pretty much everything else dealing with UC however, has been horrendous.

Passing off responsibility to the hard-working unit owners saying, well, that it's our fault and "buyer beware" is not appreciated. But since few people want to hear the truth, we are vocal on here. If anyone can honestly state how this is a quality project worthy of us spending our hard-earned incomes on, please advise because we are at a loss and can only compliment the exterior.

People seem to be buying resale units there. There are 2 PH units on MLS and they're pretty pricey. The interior finishes are pretty underwhelming but all that stuff can be fixed. The unit sizes, layouts, etc are pretty good. The exterior is the crown jewel and as long as it holds up, it will always draw people to it. Every time I pass the building I marvel at how sexy it looks.

Back