Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

A little more colour would be nice but these are very handsome buildings with excellent architectural design and character. It's a shame that Toronto didn't demand this kind of higher standard for glass walls like CityPlace or the Western waterfront for that matter.

A little more colour would be nice but these are very handsome buildings with excellent architectural design and character. It's a shame that Toronto didn't demand this kind of higher standard for glass walls like CityPlace or the Western waterfront for that matter.

Or especially Liberty Village.

These have turned out tremendously, I really am impressed so far by everything in this area. River City, all three phases look great, and the 1st phase looks just as good as the renderings promised.

Please excuse me if this is the wrong thread, as I can't figure out if the rental units West of King/River are part of River City or not. They were built side-by-side, so I always assumed they were. I think these look great too, and I am so happy they changed the colour of the roofing panels to black.

This is modern architecture I am completely in support of. It's NOT cheap and tacky looking, which goes a long way in this city now...

IMG_20140714_163012_hdr.jpg
IMG_20140714_163019_hdr.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140714_163012_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20140714_163012_hdr.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,770
  • IMG_20140714_163019_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20140714_163019_hdr.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,757
Please excuse me if this is the wrong thread, as I can't figure out if the rental units West of King/River are part of River City or not.

Sometimes I rely on the map feature to find a certain project and its corresponding thread, but for some reason the rental buildings are not there.

Those buildings on the west side are TCHC rentals. Here is the thread for them: http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...using-(589-King-St-E-2x-4-8s-Core-Architects)

And just to clarify on River City, phase three hasn't been built yet. Phase 1 is built, 2 under construction and 3 in sales. I am quite excited for phase three. It should be a beauty

Thanks for the thread link!

And ha, yes, I should have been clearer. The renderings for Phase 3 look great, and judging by how close phase 1 turned out to be to the renderings, I think we're in for a winner once it's built.

You won't like RC3 then. Those protruding balconies go to 11.

What is the purpose of the street above, first just to confirm that is a woonerf ? So cars are in the middle, what areas does it conect ?

Back