Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Thanks 42! It looks like they have added something that looks like a skirt to the southwest side of the ground floor. Hell of a design, hope it goes through.

afinal_zpse569a84b.png

Wow, won't be able to see FCP from Nathan Phillips Square at all in the future at this rate. Not that it's any loss really lol. Still interesting to watching development change the traditional views and close some, while making others more interesting than before.

Oh and thanks again for your work insertnamehere.

you will be able to see FCP normally, it just so happens that the location I took the image is the only location that INDX will completely block it.. but yes, the view from NPS will be changing quite a bit in the near future.

So INDX is blue in that picture.... have they started construction/finished planning and approval? That would be great news if so.

From city planning yesterday....seems like it shrunk a couple storeys from the last posting

100 ADELAIDE ST W
Site Plan Approval 12 298093 STE 28 SA Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Dec 27, 2012 --- --- --- ---
To construct a new 40 storey office tower to replace the existing 100 Adelaide Street West heritage building and the 7 storey parking garage to the north. The new 40 storey office tower will include 5 levels of underground parking and loading facilities.

I think that the reference to 42 storeys included the mechanical floors up top, I don't believe the building has shrunk.

Has anyone checked out the lobby of 100 Adelaide yet? Looks like in whatever preliminary (pre-demolition/pre-restoration?) work, the dropped ceilings have been removed, exposing the tattered and conduit-raped remains of the original Art Deco plasterwork...

has anyone taken a picture of the poster on the side of the concourse building for this project? it has a render for it that I have yet to see on these boards.

I think that the reference to 42 storeys included the mechanical floors up top, I don't believe the building has shrunk.

Hmm, unless they have changed the design, i see 5 storeys of mechanical on that last rendering...i guess we will have to wait for more info on design and final height of this one.

By the way, with 100 Adelaide and 16 York about to break ground and five more (BAC-2, 1 York, QRC-West, Bremner Tower, Waterpark Place-3) under construction.
...2013 will see downtown Toronto with 7 new office towers of aprox. 6 million sq.ft. on the go...not too shabby:cool:

Last edited:
Hmm, unless they have changed the design, i see 5 storeys of mechanical on that last rendering...i guess we will have to wait for more info on design and final height of this one.

By the way, with 100 Adelaide and 16 York about to break ground and five more (BAC-2, 1 York, QRC-West, Bremner Tower, Waterpark Place-3) under construction.
...2013 will see downtown Toronto with 7 new office towers of aprox. 6 million sq.ft. on the go...not too shabby:cool:

Have you seen a stacking plan or are you gauging the number of floors by the window panes? If it's the later, things don't always work that way.

In any case, mechanical penthouse floors are not usually counted in floor counts. They aren't habitable and difficult to define. FCP seems to the exception because of the floor numbering system (67,68,69,70,72,71-mech) however, Scotia Plaza is known to be 68 floors tall; not 69 storeys

Last edited:

Back