Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: EY Tower | 188.05m | 40s | Oxford Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Iain Dobson "says there is only enough development-ready land for about 4 million square feet of new office space left in the downtown..."

I don't think he considered building on top of a existing smaller building, just like this one is. And building over the Go Train tracks, if it's economical to do so.

I had a meeting in this building last week and I was told by the company renting there that everyone was being kicked out the building very soon. They had already started boxing all their things up ready to move out.

I can confirm a major tenant (Ernst & Young) is taking up 11+ stories in this building (including the top floor which is noted as the 40th floor).

I had a meeting in this building last week and I was told by the company renting there that everyone was being kicked out the building very soon. They had already started boxing all their things up ready to move out.

From what I heard from an Oxford staffer - all remaining tenants are to be out of the 100 Adelaide West building by the end of January.

I can confirm a major tenant (Ernst & Young) is taking up 11+ stories in this building (including the top floor which is noted as the 40th floor).

Given the height of the mechanical roof of the tower as depicted in the most recent renderings, that would put it at around 44 storeys (a little under 200 metres).

Anyway, word from SSP is that one of the reasons they left their current digs was because they weren't allowed to put their logo up (as it's a Mies). If that's true, that would imply that we can expect their logo to grace this new tower.

Last edited:
So is CPP Investment Board a confirmed tenant, or was the smoke all about Ernst & Young?

I'm not sure CPP is big to warrent as many floors as one of the Big 4 consulting companies. CPP Board has 750 employees in Toronto, which probably would translate into 6-8 floors of space in this building. Its a significant space - but I'd put them as a Tier 2 "get" - equivalent to having a big law firm - blue chip, will pay rent, but aren't big enough for naming rights. Not sure if they're a tenant as well, but just providing some context as to why they aren't the lead tenant.

Regardless - this is my favourite office proposal so am very happy this is proceeding!

Given the height of the mechanical roof of the tower as depicted in the most recent renderings, that would put it at around 44 storeys (a little under 200 metres).

Anyway, word from SSP is that one of the reasons they left their current digs was because they weren't allowed to put their logo up (as it's a Mies). If that's true, that would imply that we can expect their logo to grace this new tower.

If thats the case, then between the new head offices of Deloitte, E&Y, KMPG, and PWHC, E&Y wins BY FAR.

If thats the case, then between the new head offices of Deloitte, E&Y, KMPG, and PWHC, E&Y wins BY FAR.

With KPMG and Deloitte at Bay-Adelaide Centre, and Ernst & Young here, Adelaide West will become Toronto's accounting row.

Speaking of Bay-Adelaide Centre, the streetwall forming on the north side of Adelaide will soon rival the streetwall on the east side of Bay.

Moving an entire office because of a logo on a building? I can't see that being true. I know a logo on a building is worth a lot, but worth that much? Seems a bit much.

It's definitely a point of pride for the big firms, especially when your direct competitors have their logos on the skyline!

Nine new, more up-to-date renderings have been added to the dataBase entry for 100 Adelaide. The older renderings follow if you care to compare.

Merry Christmas!

Back