Toronto Richmond Adelaide Centre: 120 & 130 Adelaide West Recladding | 136.85m | 35s | Oxford Properties | WZMH

I do wonder if this will cause an even higher number of bird fatalities.

Has there ever been a study done on correlating the type of glass to bird fatalities?
Birds mostly fly lower than people imagine, so new glass being erected only as high as 12 metres must have patterns on it that birds can see, normally achieved through applying a mesh of baked enamel dots (frit) across it. If a building is adjacent to a tree canopy that's higher than 12 metres, then the pattern mush extend as high as the tree canopy. I believe that the birding community is satisfied with those measures (but would like to see glass replaced on all older buildings that do not have the patterned glass yet). You can find out more about it here.

20200820_123448.jpg
20200820_123543.jpg

Birds mostly fly lower than people imagine, so new glass being erected only as high as 12 metres must have patterns on it that birds can see, normally achieved through applying a mesh of baked enamel dots (frit) across it. If a building is adjacent to a tree canopy that's higher than 12 metres, then the pattern mush extend as high as the tree canopy. I believe that the birding community is satisfied with those measures (but would like to see glass replaced on all older buildings that do not have the patterned glass yet). You can find out more about it here.

I live on 31st floor (approx 90 m) but I often see birds at that height or higher.

Back