Toronto Rezen Condos | ?m | 13s | Times Group | Robert Chang

Like for example, @the DD why wasn't this sort of thing feasible? (Um let me guess: it was--but the developers purposely (as seems to be a toronto tradition since 1950) want to ruin the 'hood and make as much $/bsft. Sad.

I don't blame developers for trying to maximise profits... I would do the same. I blame the city for having no guidelines and no vision.

There is most definitely a vision for the DD - it just doesn't jive with yours Ganjavih. Anyway, I think there's there's a discussion about that on some other thread...

294 Richmond East

While on my inspection tour of Rezen this morning, I noticed someone has erected a 6-storey steel frame loft building at 294 Richmond Street East (the north west corner of Richmond & Sherbourne). When did they erect that?

While on my inspection tour of Rezen this morning, I noticed someone has erected a 6-storey steel frame loft building at 294 Richmond Street East (the north west corner of Richmond & Sherbourne). When did they erect that?

Does anyone know what's happening with this building...over the holidays I visited with a few friends at MOZO and they were complaining that construction has slowed to a snails pace. Very little has happened over the last few months (compared to most buildings when the structure is substantially built and the crane removed)... are they waiting for contracts to expire and re-sell all those units at the current mkt prices???

hi all, actually going to check out the sales office in the near future
not a local to the area so can anyone comment on the area with respect to:

the commercial establishments within walking distance,
how far of a walk to union,
what y'all think of the building, location, etc !
does this area have potential for good value increases? ... spire has done really well in that regard and this is not too far east

opinions - good/bad - please!

Hi Noodlesalad: Rezen is about 50m north of King Street so you are near the 504 streetcar. Walk to King subway is ca 12 mins, 75 bus on Sherbourne, goes to Sherbourne subway, bus is a 2 minute walk. Easy walk to St Lawrence Market and new Sobey's on Front Street, longer walk (6 mins?) to Dominion on Front. Lots of restaurants, furniture shops etc. It's a nice area though Rezen is a bit 'hemmed in' by other buildings so I doubt many units have decent views.

Since DSC has mentioned the good, I'll mention the one or two bad things. Basically, it's still a bit of an area in transition, however it tends to get better each year. It also has some minor riff raff from Queen & Sherbourne who migrate south, but otherwise I'd think it's a very decent area to buy a condo.

well these are great insights from toronto urbaners.. i just may join you folks.. going to check it out this weekend. keep the opinions coming! :)

not moving just yet, but if i do purchase... i'll be moving from mississauga.

great to hear you're in the area and loving it.. i've been as far east as Spire and don't really recall much of what the area looks like further than that.. but i hear east is the new west and rezen seems like a great way to get in..

mind if i ask which building you live in? nosey for a nosey :p

Back