Toronto Residences Of College Park Condos | ?m | 51s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Walking Home

Spot%20the%20difference_650x432.JPG

February 24

From Bay St.
2289835796_4dd08dbe41_b.jpg

You know, it doesn't look half bad in the shadows:
2289040807_a60ceb48ec_b.jpg

Tower 2 Podium and the section over the turn-about look extremely cheap.
2289830034_ee8b4db6b9_b.jpg

From the back:
2289933300_5fd30e238a_b.jpg

The townhomes (or RoCP 2.5 as I like to call them):
2289140073_84f22be12e_b.jpg

Eww is right. This project is just wrong on so many levels. And this land should have been set aside for commercial/office development anyway.

I've heard that park can be bad for getting mugged. Hopefully, the townhomes will act as a "window on the park." That's about the only good thing I can say.

I walk through this park at least twice a day. On more than one occation I've seen a beating/mugging, including one time where a group of were literally kicking the crap of a guy on the ground. I'm positive it was a homeleses guy but who knows. I just turned around, went to the police station next door to report it and walked home on Bay.

It is a dirty park, but mostly because of the proximity to other grimey activities at the corner of Yonge & Gerrard and Gerrard E. There are security guards walking around the premise (and inside College Park) 24/7 but the tend not to do anything about the pot smokers (who can blame them?). They tend to hassle homeless people and try and shuffle them from the benches.

I don't think the townhomes will do much to enhance the park. I find it funny that whoever moves into these townhomes is going to up for a rude awakenening with all the light and noise from this park. In the summer, the fountain is loud (until 11pm) and in the winter guys play hockey all night. I can hear them all the time, even though I'm not on the ground floor.

A friend of a friend of mine had his jaw broken and was virtually beaten to a pulp even after agreeing to give the muggers everything they wanted. The police told him later to always avoid this park at night as it's notorious for getting mugged.

Back