Toronto Residences Of College Park Condos | ?m | 51s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

It seems the second tower's roof looks a little more squished than the first tower, like it was meant to be a few more floors.

Photo taken January 3. ROCP II is visible between the Toronto New City Hall buildings.

2163750637_76127f578c_b.jpg

2163750639_b506e6dc1d_b.jpg

Is it really so bad?...

I'll admit it's no gem, or anything close for that matter but I don't think it's in any way hideous.

Although the base definitely submits to suburban values the materials look pretty decent and if the stores were smaller and provided a more vibrant offering ... not TD ... again, I do not think it's that bad. They are better admired (or not) from a close rather then a far.

The retail in the second phase might be a little bit better. There's a fast food place of some type going into the south-most unit (I can't identify it, but it has browny orange tiles on the walls; maybe a Pizza Pizza?). At the very least it means there'll be multiple tenants in the South tower's base, so it'll be more interesting to walk by than the North tower.

Compared to some of the other stuff in that general area of Bay, they look good.

they look really disney, kind of like the magic castle in the middle of the theme park...the pair tries too hard to look like a significant development but don't have enough modern features to look good among their peers.

Those curvy roof lines are brutal. If only something at least a bit elegant could have been done here, they'd look decent.

Take a look when walking north up University, at Gerrard, and you will see four of our worst 90s/00s buildings clustered together: ROCP and the “Things on Bay.†A truly disgusting view! Lumiere can’t go up soon enough.

Back