Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Brand new drawing by Koops65 on skyscraperpage showing the Ritz!!! (notice the middle section of the roof and how it is indented just like the construction progress now!

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=160640&page=11

4254461630_22ae84672d_o.jpg

Something is very very wrong with that rendering since there isn't really an indent. The zipper is hardly inset. The roof is not going to look at all like that, as far as I know.
At the top of the zipper currently there are inset balconies on each side. That render assumes that the cut out for those balconies carries up to the roof. It will be interesting to see what actually happens.

There are?!

That's news to me... and I fear is really going to ruin the sleekness of the zipper. But... yikes... okay. :eek:

Actually both the penthouse and the sub-penthouse have balconies in the zipper. The cut-out would not be quite that deep but it will be a gap in the slope of the roof line. What is missing from that render is the penthouse terrace on the south facade that will also be a recessed feature on the slope.

For reference regarding the terraces on the 51st & 52nd floors:

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Floor 51

Floor 52

YOU GUYS ARE WAY TO CRITICAL !!! :eek:

Give the guy a break!... he's a legend for drawing Torontos skyscraper drawings over at SSP!... its pretty accurate for the most part! :)

I'm surprised how long this roof slant is taking!... We haven't even completed the first level of the slant and its been about a month since residential top out :cool:

I'm surprised how long this roof slant is taking!... We haven't even completed the first level of the slant and its been about a month since residential top out :cool:

Except for Casa I didn't see any construction work going on at any of the projects near me from Dec. 24th - Jan. 4th (BSN, Uptown, Blu, Lumiere, X, 500 Sherbourne, Four Seasons etc.). Of course things are back to normal now so we'll see the roof move along a bit now. Each level is different plus I presume plenty of mechanical units have to be lifted into place so we should expect this part to take longer.

That's a horrible render. The dimensions are completely twisted.

Perfect marks for color though!

On the contrary, it is a fairly accurate render for use in the diagram pages at Skyscraper Page.

I believe you must be unfamiliar with the specific format required at Skyscraper Page diagrams. They use a planar projection that requires special criteria for all the renders to be used in their diagram pages.

This form of projection eliminates distortion as a building gets taller but gives the drawings a forced perspective look. It may seem strange to your eye, but to those of us familiar with SSP diagrams, it is a fantastic render.

Keep up the great work Koop!

:D

Back