Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

AMAZING ritz photos drum118... SOOO many contributions from u today!

THOSE photos make me wanna fall in love with the Ritz Glass!!!!

XCELLENT!!!... I think you and I forgot Shangri-la though!!!

you got it. and a few more changes.
Again Rob Smith I hope you don"t mind me using your picture. Great stuff

Attachments

• 4009640085_e64862e32f_o.jpg
    4009640085_e64862e32f_o.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Hope he doesn't mind!... you can ask him on Flickr... (or maybe not)..

VERY nice drawing of the skyline... But what's that triangiuler building in between Shangri-la and First Canadian Place?...

Nice sketch!... you did ALOT of buildings!

* only little thing is that Shangri-la look as tall as RBC centre from that angle because it is situated so far north... Look at Bay Adelaide Centre in that shot and Shangri-la will be that height... looks great though! could ya add Ice... Pleeeease :) he he!

Last edited:
shangri la is the bigger one to the right of that one i think you're talking about. the darker one i think you're talking about is that new one on university across from the court house. cant remember the name.

Thanks for that. The model doesn't look like it has the slant. The article also says 15 floors of residences. There are more than that, no?

Xavier-290x387.jpg

lightarchitect - you might be interested in this future waterfront pano from last fall which includes many of the biggies such as the Ritz, RBC, L, Ice etc.

A number of the entertainment district proposals have since changed but you get the gist of it...

z20-08MED.jpg

-
PROJECTS KEY:

z20-08KEY.jpg

3Dementia, Love it!
I wish I had photoshop. Was that the program that you used?
I used Paint. lol:rolleyes:

Last edited:
^^ yes of course it's Photoshop... it's amazing what can be accomplished with a few hundred layers.

THE RITZ: the "zipper is too pale" and other sky is falling 'cause this is Toronto comments aside.... they are building this beautiful creature exactly as promised (as per elevations, renders, PR et al). This is truly an urban shock... actually getting the building that was promised in the first place.... and it's NOT a lump 'o coal box.

I love it. Pale zipper aside, this is the most elegant sculpture to ever grace the T.O. skyline and it meets the street with a BAM BAM podium that will glow like the "jewelcase" .... that was also promised earlier.

Not bad for a provincial, urban backwater*. Mark my words, this will be noticed by the NYC/CHI-town critics who have never seen a podium like this (may be due to space constraints).

To be clear... me likey, a lot!

Back