Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Great update again paul. -

Ritz, which is probably the best skyscraper being built in the city right now, gets very little attention from anyone on this or any other internet forum.

August 16, 2008

ritz4.jpg

ritz3.jpg

ritz2.jpg

ritz1.jpg

ritz5.jpg

I still think it's kind of bizarre why the chose to have the podium on Wellington and have the tower rising mid-block. It should be reversed so that it lines up with RBC to form a taller streetwall.

I still think it's kind of bizarre why the chose to have the podium on Wellington and have the tower rising mid-block. It should be reversed so that it lines up with RBC to form a taller streetwall.

Tell that to this guy...

It would be nice if the tower was set back on Pearl, and that a podium about the height of the neighbouring buildings fronted directly onto King.. Something like the Ritz across the street, with the podium fronting Wellington and the tower being significantly set back to the park.

That is friggin hilarious... Different tastes, the podium of the Ritz will be about the same height as the RBC podium, so no harm done.

If you follow modern urban guidelines for street walls, RBC is the one in the wrong with the tower right up to the street. It should be set back, with the podium up at the street, like RC.

That's all well and good, but I still like it when they build 'em tall, right against each other, and up to the street. Chicago style, or Bay St. between Queen and King.

Meanwhile, what's taking so long for this one to take off - considering it has a much smaller floor plate than RBC, it should be getting up there faster.

I suspect Ritz was align mid-block in attempt to savage some views to the east ... as there are condos on top and it would be kind of hard to sell "from your suite, you have a front row view of _________ (insert Simcoe Place or RBC Centre here) that is only a stone throw away"

Back