Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Glass going up on the Ritz Carlton

(courtesy of MetroSplash - SSP)

DSC00633.jpg

this is the Ritz Philly - I wonder if the glass on the toronto building will look like that?

This is some nice glass...

You mean shiny and reflective? Oh if only!

I just hope it looks good, this along with Four Seasons and Shangri La are potentially the best skyscrapers ever to come into Toronto.......

Scotia Bank, CIBC (Commerce Court) & TD are no slouches.
ROCP3 holds great promise and I'm cautiously optimistic about the Murano complex in the past couple of weeks.

wont it have the same glass as RBC next door?

Honestly, I'm hoping for so much more from Ritz than what's currently going up on RBC.

If it looks the same as the RBC glass (which it won't) I'll be as sad, depressed & frustrated as those guys whining in the TLS thread.

I have to agree with Caltrane on the glass, but maybe once more of it is up it'll start to look better.

One of the best things about the Toronto skyline is the variety of colours - we have red, gold, black, white, blue, and metallic grey. Hopefully this tower will add green to the mix, but so far it's looking suspiciously pigmentally challenged.

Edit: oops, I thought this was the RBC thread. Well, hopefully the Ritz glass will look like the new 7 WTC (I think?) in New York, that's the nicest clear glass implementation I've seen.

I have to agree with Caltrane on the glass, but maybe once more of it is up it'll start to look better.

One of the best things about the Toronto skyline is the variety of colours - we have red, gold, black, white, blue, and metallic grey. Hopefully this tower will add green to the mix, but so far it's looking suspiciously pigmentally challenged.

Edit: oops, I thought this was the RBC thread. Well, hopefully the Ritz glass will look like the new 7 WTC (I think?) in New York, that's the nicest clear glass implementation I've seen.

Trump will add green; a nice dark green too (I hope). That's one thing I'm definitely glad about concerning that project.

Trump will add green; a nice dark green too (I hope). That's one thing I'm definitely glad about concerning that project.

Scotia : Red-Brown
Trump : Dark Green

It will be like Christmas all year round!

Bill

RBC and Ritz are two seperate buildings with different architects. The glass will not be the same on both.

You're half right. KPF designed both buildings. As posted long ago, the Ritz glass will becompletely transparent (I'm assuming low iron) and suspect the RBC Centre will look much like the pic posted by Cal above.

I think that the Ritz and RBC are prime examples of the different methodolgies surround construction costs in Condo versus Commercial buidling. Although the Ritz started excavation prior to the RBC the RBC is much further along the the Ritz. I guess it shows the prime motivation in condo development which is try to minimize costs (including construction costs).. whereas the RBC building construction costs are not really an issue (when it comes to timing) as they will receive no real revenues until after the tenants move in....

But the Ritz will generate hotel room revenue, no?

Also, I think Ritz started a couple of months after RBC not before it...

RBC started in July 2006, Ritz started in November 30 2006 ( I believe)

Back