Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

pic by Jasonzed at SSC....

20100313076.jpg

What I have been wondering for a while is; why is Toronto suddenly getting all these high end hotels? There's Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, Trump, Sharingla. They're all still under construction, so who will occupy them once they're all done?

What I have been wondering for a while is; why is Toronto suddenly getting all these high end hotels? There's Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, Trump, Sharingla. They're all still under construction, so who will occupy them once they're all done?

I know that it is surprising but ... tourists maybe?

Tourism is way down in Toronto, there isn't enough tourists to fill all these hotels year round. But chances are these 5 star hotels will be offering good deals to attract visitors and business to the city. You wont be seeing $900 plus a night room rates in Toronto like NYC anytime soon, Toronto luxury hotels are rather affordable compared to other big cities . It's about time Toronto got a Ritz ts long over due, i always loved their hotels more so than trump and four seasons hotels.

With the Canadian $ at par this summer and into fall, I expect Toronto tourism to take a nosedive. On the other hand, Buffalo will see a mini boom of Canucks shopping etc in the area. $150/night to stay at the RC Toronto? I wouldn't be surprised.

$150/night at the Ritz? You've got to be kidding. Sheraton Centre on Queen was starting at $225 per night a few Fridays ago, and there is a 2 person maximum for their rooms. A deluxe suite was $450/night. Rates at the Ritz will not dip to such levels.

Very nice shot.

Indeed it is very grey, but it does a great job of being SUBTLY extremely modern.

Back