Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Guy, you better stop with that ...
Otherwise Threedee will be outta a job.
What makes it worst is that it probably just takes you about 5 to 10 mins to do these renders.
Very good lifelike or real-to-life buildings.

Thanks Cal... But that one took a few extra minutes because I had to construct it from scratch....Uh uh... I mean my time machine got stuck in reverse!

Cheers

Incredible. Great job.

Considering what can't be seen in that image (Bay Adelaide, Shangi-La, Aura, Ice) it's clear that Toronto's skyline is about to move into a new echelon. There are only a few cities on this continent that demand a panorama to view their entire downtown core.

Last edited:
Good job. Charlie and M5V would be in that shot too!

Ugh!

But I am almost out of plutonium for the flux-capacitor of my time machine.

I better get everyone's suggestions first, so I can make only one trip to the future!

LOL

EDIT:

I should have said...

Back to the Future!

Last edited:
Ugh!

But I am almost out of plutonium for the flux-capacitor of my time machine.

I better get everyuone's suggestions first, so I can make only one trip to the future!

LOL

We just don't want you to get bored, so we're feeding you ideas 'piecemeal'. I'm not sure, but L Tower might even peek in between TD Canada Trust and the Bay-Wellington Tower. Then there are those 2 residentials proposed directly north of Festival Centre. I believe one of them used to be called 21 Widmer?

It's great that they're proposing a decently tall office tower for 45 Bay. Your render shows how far inland FCP is.

Last edited:
Using Google Maps and doing a line of sight estimate, then I say "L-Tower" will not be viable from this vantage point.

But I should add the 21 Widmer proposal, 300 Front Street East, and perhaps the 151 Front Data Center Proposal along with M5V and Charlie . Is there a more appropriate thread for future skyline renders?

Last edited:
(I sure hope tgam doesn't mind me going into the future and sneaking into his apartment to snap all these pictures from his view! LOL)

I am honoured to be photoshopped via this forum.

Redroom: I do in fact stare at the view for hours as the city transforms day by day. That shot however requires me to lean out the window.

MetroMan: Hello neighbour, I'm sure I've grunted at you in the hall...

41stfloor: I'll miss Aura as my view stops at the Bay Adelaide Centre, but I'm excited to see Trump and ShangriLa...

[video=youtube;VlG_OxdBmPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlG_OxdBmPE[/video]

I was strolling around the Entertainment District earlier this week..
Doing an update for Queen Street West, but it was so dead, I ended up on John
By chance, I got some shots of the Ritz Tower in the video.
The update was for a Queen West/Yonge/King West tour on another forum

Recent pics

4353791263_f52f00a4dc_b.jpg

4353720101_20a15d6f71_b.jpg

4354466428_1f957a6272_b.jpg

The wedge is to your left.

4353588535_4b8b3a4667_b.jpg

Thanks for all your hard work today Red Mars!... you're provided some excellent updates :D!

The steel on the roof is lookin real good! We should start seeing angular steel soon since the North face is wrapping up!

Seems I'm hot on Red Mar's tail again...

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I used my time machine to skip ahead and see some of these projects finished:

Complete TIFF
Complete Ritz
Complete FCP re-clad
Complete Trump
Shangri-la was just out of frame to the left.

(Keep in mind this is just a guess so don't be too critical.)
4347018897_79e85653b4_o.jpg

(Original courtesy tgam with my Shop skills)

So much green glass!!! Ugh. I don't want toronto to turn into vancouver.

Back