Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

I'm guessing that the outward slope of the south wall hangs out far enough at its highest point that anything sliding off the roof would clear the "sky deck". That still doesnt do much for squirrels or pedestrians in the parkette below...

I think anything sliding off the roof will land on the 51st-floor south-facing terrace. I'm almost certain that the roof slope doesn't terminate right at the wall slope.

I'm also almost certain that they'll have an impressive gutter, snow melter, and drainage system at the bottom of the roof slope.

RitzTorontoRender.jpg

based on projection from the side elevation, snow sliding off from the roof would definitely clear the Sky Deck on the 21st floor

but I would think there's mechanisms (gutters/shields) in place to prevent snow from sliding off the roof and falling 50+ storeys to land on the ground (where pedestrians would be)

I'm sure they have the roof configured in a way that snow will not accumulate. It will either slide right off as its snowing or will melt away fairly quickly.

LOL!... that would be a safety hazard for sliding snow (not to mention ice sheets)...

It would be something out of a Final Destination movie for the pedestrians below!

"SPLAT!" :eek:

BTW...

RITZ CARLTON TORONTO POURING THE FINAL RESIDENTIAL FLOOR!!!! PARTY!

video.mjpg

**MOVE THE RITZ CAM!!! lol... I WANNA see the slant form soon!

******I JUST NOTICE THIS NOW!!!... WE SEE CLADDING ON THE RITZ CAM!

Last edited:
I can see from my POV the dramatic difference in height for the level that's being poured now. I'll grab a photo tomorrow if the weather is clear.

I can see from my POV the dramatic difference in height for the level that's being poured now. I'll grab a photo tomorrow if the weather is clear.

Ritz today from my POV (preceded by Oct. 25th, Nov. 5th, Nov. 14th and then Nov. 27th)

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

WOW!

Glad to see Ritz making a mark in your view Mike!!!! :D

Ritz looks really tall!!!.. FCP re-clad looks UGLY!

You have a view that UT members go CRAZY for!

Lucky bastard! :mad:

lol... jks :)

LOL!... that would be a safety hazard for sliding snow (not to mention ice sheets)...

It would be something out of a Final Destination movie for the pedestrians below!

"SPLAT!" :eek:

Oh steveve, your sooo sick... (me too!).

**MOVE THE RITZ CAM!!! lol... I WANNA see the slant form soon!

I'm sure they'll re-angle the Ritz webcam real soon.

Back