Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

From the 5th floor of Sick Kids.

Looks excellent in the bright sun. Definitely one of the nicest glass boxes we have built so far.

who designed the glass panels should be commended best high rise yet..please can anyone tell me how was that man? thank you

5 July 2014:
EuCpDPt.jpg

I could have sworn this was going to turn out badly. However, I'm happily realizing I was wrong. It's turned out quite well.

Is it just me, or does it have a feeling of Art-Deco, with those thick lines every ten or so stories on the south side?

The building turns out great, but most residents seem to have bad views, especially those on the south/North side on the lower and mid levels.

The building turns out great, but most residents seem to have bad views, especially those on the south/North side on the lower and mid levels.

Well then, its a good thing no residents have views to the North, and only 3 units per floor have a South facing view. The rest of the units all look East or West (6 units per floor), both of which are decent views.

5 July 2014:
EuCpDPt.jpg

Easily one of my favorite new high rises to go up in the recent boom, very modern and contemporary yet not devoid of detail, there are so many points of interest starting from the base and working your way to the top that I find very compelling.

Well then, its a good thing no residents have views to the North, and only 3 units per floor have a South facing view. The rest of the units all look East or West (6 units per floor), both of which are decent views.

thanks, that make sense...

Just curious, is there a general preference for certain facing in Canada? In Asia, almost everyone wants a south facing unit (the living-room and master bedroom as well as balcony). North facing units are very hard to sell because they tend to be darker and colder. East facing ones are better but west facing ones are almost as bad as north facing ones because of extended heat from the sunset. Nowadays, most new buildings sort of HAVE to face south, otherwise, they will be tough to sell.

How can a building only face south?

My suite faces south. It looks out onto the north face of another building.

of course they can
ban4.jpg

Through north-south there is only one unit - which means the building doesn't have a hallway with two units facing each other.
but the difference is that unlike the Toronto market, most of those condo projects are composed of 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom units well above 1000sf, with very few one bedrooms.

Attachments

• ban4.jpg
    ban4.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 662

Back