Toronto Residences at the RCMI Condos | 134.72m | 42s | Tribute | Zeidler

Regardless, the building has four sides.

As I noted, I face south, but as there is a building located there, the purported benefits don't exist. This isn't a unique situation either.

by "units all facing south" I meant all units have south facing living-rooms and master bedrooms.
I agree that if the building faces another highrise not far away, there is little benefit facing south.

How can a building only face south?

City_hall_toronto_.jpg

Technically it faces south/east or south/west depending on which building you're in, but still it definitely does not face north.

It does face north at a point. It has no windows facing north.

Buildings are not one-dimensional.

for residential condos, facing south means having the livingroom/master bedroom facing south, not every single room with a south facing window. North facing units on the other hand, have no south facing windows whatsoever. Is it confusing to you?

So, yes, it is possible to for an entire condo building to have 100% south facing units. That simply requires that there are no hallways in the building and all units are on one side, and the common area (stairscases) on the other. My brother lives in one of these buildings (two bedrooms plus livingroom facing south, small bedroom, dinning and kitchen facing north).

Last edited:

That's like saying it's impossible for a person to face in a certain direction because the human head is 3 dimensional...

Toronto City Hall is the very definition of a building facing a certain way.

July 18, 2014

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,488
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,489
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,484
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,512
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,483
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,482
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1,491
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,475
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,515
There are plenty of projects where they keep the facade and rebuild the building behind to the same height. I saw projects near Oxford and Piccadilly circuses. Not really the same thing.

Hitler doesn't have anything on the way those things have destroyed some beautiful London buildings.

Back