Toronto Republic Of Yonge And Eglinton Condos | ?m | 27s | Tridel | Burka

NTCI Earlier Rendering

This is an earlier rendering showing the new school designed by CS&P shown on their website. There might have been some changes and modifications to the towers and school since this was produced so it should be treated as an artists' rendering.

ntci-csp-render-1200.jpg

thanks for the update drum118 ... I can't say I'm completely liking the white spandrel glass here

I'm loving the white here, sort of a take on the '60's slabs nearby.... They're certainly the best-looking Tridel buildings to date under construction. (Hoping JCM looks as good; of course we know 300FSW will be nice.)

I agree....this building is shaping up to be a real eye catcher! Let's just hope the podium looks better than the original renders. After seeing the model shots I think Tridel tweeked their design a bit from the original renderings...for the better imo!

Not sure if anyone had updated the pics in a while but the building under construction on redpath a block south east from this project is very similar ... but, in my opinion is more classy - I'll try to take some pics. They both use the white looking panels.

I like the white panels too - I'm thinking this might be the sort of look we'll get on the FCP recladding.

I'm not sure how much fun it will be to live here though. Just envision gangs of mouthy teenagers smoking and loitering around your entranceway...

Not sure if anyone had updated the pics in a while but the building under construction on redpath a block south east from this project is very similar ... but, in my opinion is more classy - I'll try to take some pics. They both use the white looking panels.

I agree with your comment taal ... I like the augmented arrangment of windows + white spandrels on 83 Redpath much more as well ~

See Thread:
83 Redpath (Yonge & Eg, Benvenuto Group, 21s, &Co)

Update from July 2, 2009.

thanks for the various updates drum118 ... your pictures do make me wonder why the spandrel panels on The Republic seem like a random mis-matched combination of white + beige panel, it looks pretty sloppy to me ~

in sharp contrast ... the 83 Redpath project looks much more refined with its alternating combinations of grey+white spandrel panels

Those green glass railings on the balconies look terrible. Would it have been so hard to find glass to match the windows? Cheap out if you ask me.

It's not a cheapout - it's a design decision to add colour. Some will like the accent, others won't. I'm not convinced it's going to be great, but I think I'll wait to decide until they get the thing finished at least...

The Listerine green balconies are a shocking choice-- we'll see what it looks like when the whole building comes together. It's interesting, and I don't dislike it necessarily, but I don't like it on THIS project. It's not what I was expecting.

Back