Markham Remington Centre | ?m | 33s | Remington Group | Kohn

Scaled Model

Had some spare time on my hands today ... I figured I would provide UT with photos of the proposed Market Village redevelopment scaled model ~ :)

This is a 360 degrees view around the entire model, starting from the south side and walking around the subject site in a counter-clockwise direction ... it paints a pretty clear picture of the proposal

Plans unveiled for Canada's largest multi-cultural shopping centre

13055_1_remington1big.jpg

13055_2_remington2big.jpg

13055_3_remington3big.jpg

13055_4_remington4big.jpg

13055_5_remington5big.jpg

13055_6_remington6big.jpg

^ I've argued that Market Village/Remington Centre is not "Asian-exclusive", but the mall is not "multi-cultural" as the article heading suggests either. Judging from the current conditions, plus the Asian cultural references in all the renderings attached to the article, "Asian-themed" is definitely the better term to describe this project.

meh, it's going to be a typical mall with a nice public square fronting steeles ...

at least it has a WHITE ROOF ~ better than a black tar roof

In the renderings above, the first one is the Remington Centre, and the second is the PMall expansion, right?

I wanted to confirm that the first rendering does not take into account the PMall rendering right?

Really liking the first rendering of remington...but it seems like they have a street that is running between PMall and Remington!

adeel ... yes you are correct ~

the first rendering is of Remington Centre (Market Village), which was announced before Pacific Mall's expansion plans were announced to the public, therefore Remington Centre's rendering does not take into account Pacific Mall's new plans (shown in the second rendering)

indeed there is a private road that runs north-south separating the Pacific Mall and Market Village properties

...but it seems like they have a street that is running between PMall and Remington!
Right now that one is more of a back alley with loading bays for the malls. Perhaps during the renovation they will turn it into a more useful driveway to connect the two sides of the parking lots.

The Remington Centre - Geothermal Systems

North America biggest "Green" shopping mall - the new Remington Centre. This project will be heated and cooled by geothermal ground source heat pump systems. Testing bore holes had be done in 2009 and the results is very positive.

New shopping and condo complex will provides over 74,000 sq m of commercial and residential space, it will be the largest "green energy" multi-cultural shopping centre in North America and one of the largest retail redevelopment projects in Canada. The new mixed-use complex, located just north of Toronto, will be home to over 360 retail stores, incorporating shops currently found at Market Village.

Ariel-view1_lg.jpg

Night-View_lg.jpg

Here is how Geothermal works: Presented by Menergy.

Back